Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

What documents do I need for fingerprints?

I have an appointment for fingerprints tomorrow and I would like to ask you what documents should I bring.....and how is going to be there..is it going to be an interview...do they ask you something...how should I get ready for this biometrics?..do they need to take a picture of you?

Thanks in advance..I would really appreciate this!

You need only two things:
1. FP notice you received in mail.
2. One ID (Driver's license, Passport etc.)
I have an appointment for fingerprints tomorrow and I would like to ask you what documents should I bring.....and how is going to be there..is it going to be an interview...do they ask you something...how should I get ready for this biometrics?..do they need to take a picture of you?

Thanks in advance..I would really appreciate this!

Any inputs

I am in a unique situation.
Here is my case details
PD May 2004
AD Oct 2006
140/485/EAD/AP RD Aug 9 2007 TSC
EAD AD Oct 12
AP AD Oct 24
My employer wants me to leave the company. Is there a way i can do it without harming my GC process. Any inputs.

When we went for FP last month, we brought the notices and our DL. My gut told me to take our passports also, and guess what they wanted DL and passport. They do not seem to trust non-american who have a DL, could be fake. So bring your passport also, just in case. I am in PA where eveything is possible.

You need only two things:
1. FP notice you received in mail.
2. One ID (Driver's license, Passport etc.)

I'd like to kickstart the process a little here, so I'd like a little help from the team here. First off here are the salient details:

Eb3, ROW chargeability, Nebraska Service Center
I-140 2/2006
I-485 AOS receipt 9/11/07
Fingerprinted on 10/29/07
LUD 10/30/07

I131/I-765 reciepts 10/24/07

Nothing since. I've seen a lot of people have updates, actual approvals, and so forth. is there anything particularly outstanding about the above pieces of information?

Also, if you could post the USCIS # w/the options, so that I could ask USCIS directly and see if that kick starts the process, before I make an infopass appt.

Thanks!

There is a LUD Change (12/02/2007) on my previously approved I-140 and my wife's I-485 has a LUD change too (12/06/2007). No LUD change on my I-485 though.
Does this indicate anything?
Still waiting for our AP.

I'd like to kickstart the process a little here, so I'd like a little help from the team here. First off here are the salient details:

Eb3, ROW chargeability, Nebraska Service Center
I-140 2/2006
I-485 AOS receipt 9/11/07
Fingerprinted on 10/29/07
LUD 10/30/07

I131/I-765 reciepts 10/24/07

Nothing since. I've seen a lot of people have updates, actual approvals, and so forth. is there anything particularly outstanding about the above pieces of information?

Also, if you could post the USCIS # w/the options, so that I could ask USCIS directly and see if that kick starts the process, before I make an infopass appt.

Thanks!

Late addition...

"On December 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. "

This is for the I-765. Has anybody gone through this know what the time frame is from here to the physical green card?

You will get your green card day after tomorrow

People are waiting in the queue since 2000 man...why you are in a hurry ....

Late addition...

"On December 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. "

This is for the I-765. Has anybody gone through this know what the time frame is from here to the physical green card?

Update

Well I just wanted to update everyone.

My interview was on December 11th and it was the easiest most simple interview I have ever heard of.

We went in the interview late first of all, and got out in like 15 minutes.

When we got in to the interview, the man started talking to us and making some of the funniest comments you could think of.

First of all we did not have any joint accounts or anything like that. The only thing we went with really were copies of all our documents (which were never asked for) All the officer asked for was to see the wedding photos. That was all it took. The album had our names engraved on it with the wedding date and the photos well were quite professional and I think that made the day for the IO.

In it all we left the room in about 15 minutes laughing. The man said to me in about 1 or 2 months you will get your card in the mail. OK. Those were his exact words. And enjoy your day, drive safely.

Simple. Thanks be to the good Lord. What a birthday gift that was to me, since my BD was on 12/12.

Nanoboy,
you had mentioned "typo reported-name spelled incorrectly"! Was it in EAD? how did you correct it? whats the process you followed? please let me know.
thanks,

I had a spelling error on my EAD. I called the SSA and told them of the error and I was told that when I got my GC I would just have to go change my first name since that was the only name that was spelled incorrectly. Infact it was just two letters that were switched around.

So I did not attempt to get a new EAD. I thought that it was all a waste of time actually, since my interview was soon. This error did not come up in the interview. So everything else went fine.

I am just awaiting the GC now.

:D

My I-485 (EB3) was received in 3rd week of July 2007. My Priority Date is December 2003. Anyone with similar cases have got their I-485 processed? Any guess on how soon or how late it could be for my case to process?

My I-485 (EB3) was received in 3rd week of July 2007. My Priority Date is December 2003. Anyone with similar cases have got their I-485 processed? Any guess on how soon or how late it could be for my case to process?

Hi,

You might want to check your status in USCIS.gov. I checked ours yesterday and though I'm not sure they processed it but, it has a new LUD (Lastupdate) of Dec.19,2007. At least you will know that they've looked at it in some ways. That's what I think if you get new LUD.

Hope I could be much more of a help.:)

emceenic, my application is with TSC. My I-485 receipt date and priority date, both are before you but I don't have LUD updated since october which I think was for FP.

emceenic, my application is with TSC. My I-485 receipt date and priority date, both are before you but I don't have LUD updated since october which I think was for FP.

Hi again,

Well, they have different processing time. I thought I read it here somewhere that TSC is much faster than NSC lately. But, I checked ours today and our I-485 and I-140 has new LUD ( Dec. 20)...but, they say it means not big of a deal. So, we're still in the waiting game. Enjoy your holidays...

Finally

This was my update yesterday:

:D

The best news ever. :D

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 27, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered
this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any
instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed
within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If
you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can
also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow
the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Delete Reply Forward Spam Move...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages