Anyone filed as a USC residing in Pakistan?

Dub

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anyone out there filed an I-130 for your spouse at the Islamabad Embassy while being a resident in Pakistan?

Many on this forum have filed in Pakistan, but they have all been living in the United States. I have yet to find anyone who has the same case as mine (both USC and foreign spouse living in Pakistan - or any foreign country, for that matter).

I'd love it if I could find someone else to discuss things with!

I Have Filed Iv Case For My Pakistani Husband

I Have Filed And Iv Case From Islamabad Last Yr And We Have Gotten The Interview And Are Waiting To Recieve The Visa. You Have To Go To Islamabad To Submit All Document. I Am American And Have Been Living Here Since Jan 2005, But Had To Be Here 6 Months Before I Could Apply From Islamabad. I Would Like To Discuss Any Matter With You About This Topic--thanks :)

Hi, armik. Finally someone else on this forum who is going through the same thing as me!

What is your timeline? I mean, how long did it take, from the time you submitted the I-130, till the interview. And what were the steps? Did you keep track of the dates?

I am asking because the first thing that they sent me after filing the I-130 was a Packet 3.5 (about 6 weeks after filing). But I have seen in this forum that usually Packets are one of the last steps in the entire process, and after you send in the Packets your interview is scheduled. So I am confused.

And what documentation did you have to show at the Embassy to prove that you had been living in Pakistan for at least 6 months? I had to show academic records, because I have studied in Pakistan for the last 6-7 years. But you said you've only been here since Jan, 2005. So, what other documentation did you submit?

Filing For Iv In Pakistan

Hi Dub, Yes The 3.5 Is The Last Step--after That Is All Sent Back Then An Interview Is Scheduled But I Do Know That The Embassy Is Way Behind And It Is Taking 3-4 Months For The Interview After Submitting 3.5 Packet. I Was Here For 7 Months And I Didnt Have To Show Anything But My Passport And Visa To Show When I Got Here. At The Time Of Filinf Is When I Had To Show Everything. But We Sent Back The 3.5 Documents With The Medical File And The Visa Application But The Affidavit Of Support We Had To Bring To The Interview Not Mail It.but I Also Resent A Copy Of Everything. Nikah--urdu And English, Nic Card And English Translation And Birth Paper In English And Urdu.then We Got The Appointment Later For 3 Months Later And Went And Now We Are Awaiting The Name Check Approval.the Reason It Took Me So Long To Return The Packet Was The Affidavit Of Support--i Had To Get All My Document From America So I Had To Make A Power Of Attorney Letter Then Mail It And Then Have That Person Get All My Banking Papers---in The Packet It Does Not Say Thay The Affidavit Has To Only Be Brought To The Interview Not Mailed--if I Knew That Then I Would Have Been Able To Return The 3.5 Documents In Feb After All Medical Was Finished And Possibly We Could Have Already Gotten The Visa--but As I Didnt Know I Had To Take It With Me--i Got All Supporting Financial Stuff First Then I Come To Know I Didnt Have To Send It In--so I Sent All Papers Back In May..

When I First Filed I Filed Out The Visa Application The Embassy Gave Me Last Year In May--they Denied Visitor Visa--and With That Application I Had To Get Every Document And Pics And Letters Of E-mail That Proved We Talked While I Was In America--and Fone Bills And Wedding Pics.and The Nikah Papers And Nic,birth Cert And Everything Had To Be English Translation And Then I Had To Fly To Islamabad And Submit It All And The Guy Had To Verify All Copies With The Originals And Stamp Them--verified. Then I Paid The Fee And Then Waited--did You File In Person??did You Give All Documents?? After I Filed I-130 It Took 4 Months To Get The Packet After The Clearance From Dhs. I Submitted Every Document Needed With The Application As Well As The Bio Infomation.

Armik

January 21, 2005-- Arrived In Pakistan
January 27, 2005-- Married
August 2005--submitted Visa Application
December 2005--called Dhs --approved For Immigration Processing
January 2006--recieved Family Packet 3.5
May--submitted 3.5 Packet
June 2006--recieved Appt Letter
Sept 19, 2006--interview-approved
Nov 24, 2006--still Waitng

Wow, so CP IS actually much faster than if you file from the US. When I first heard it had taken you guys 15 months I was freaked out, but then seeing your timeline - you got your Packet 3.5 like 5 months after filing the petition, but I got it about 6-7 weeks after filing. And then I saw that it'd taken an extra 4 months for you to get all your documents together for Affidavit of Support. What documents do you have to show them for that? My dad is the co-sponsor, since I've been in Pakistan studying and have never worked here! He'll be the one providing his tax returns and all.. and he's kinda confused as to what all he'll need to show them.

I filed in person at the Islamabad Embassy - it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Peshawar, which was lucky since the guy made us go back and forth 3 times to get extra documents to prove that I was living in Pakistan all this time. I only had to show academic documents. I'd brought over bank statements and property deeds and all in my name, but he didn't look at them. And we didn't need to show any emails or anything like that - maybe since we'd already been married for almost 2 years before we'd filed the petition, and had been living together in Peshawar to boot. I filed only the I-130 and the G325As (the bio forms) and paid the fees, that was it.

By the way, what's DHS? I really have no idea what happened with my petition after I filed it and what steps it goes through!

dhs Is Department Of Homeland Security(kinda Like Fbi) Your Father Will Have To Fill Out The Affidavit And Show All Tax Returns For The Last 3 Years And A Letter Of Employment.they Wont Need Bank Statememnts Till Your Interview, Thats When You Have To Prove Ability To Support.your Application Should Be With Immigration Now And Did You Do The Medical Yet And Vaccinations? Did You Send All Paper Work Back And Documents That Is Mentioned In The 3.5 Pack? If You Have Done All That Then You Should Soon Recieve A Letter Of Appointment.

Armik

IV Processing Fee

For Employment based category going for CP in Islamabad, difference in IV processing fee of $45 (Total: $380 - $335 already paid earlier) will be acceptable in Pakistani rupee cash (exact) or in what other mode ?

THey except both US$ and PKR at the counter.

One word of caution. They seam to be taking awfully long time for NameCHeck processing at ISB.

I had my interview on SEP 18th and still waiting for name check process to complete.

My parents had CP interview at ISB last year in December 19th. (2005) and still waiting for administrative processing (name check). By the way they had been to USA about 7 or 8 times in past on B-1/B-2 Visa. One of my friend is waiting for fiance visa for last 8 months. So be careful name checks take much longer these days at ISB consulate.