Anyone filed a NYC field office MTR ? Need some feedback

soomessedup

Registered Users (C)
I filed a family based I485. At the time I was an H1b and married a USC. My case was fine until I had to seek an advanced parole document in an emergency to visit a sick relative. The week before I left for my trip, we finally received the interview letter but the date was during my travel abroad. I sent back the letter with the reason for travel but did not include any documentation since they did not ask for any. I did state that I was granted an advanced parole travel document from that same office.

I return to find that my case has be denied due to abandonment, since they don't think the reason for not attending the interview is valid.

I have been adviced to file and MTR but will be left out of status until a decision is reached. Anybody have experience with the NYC field office regarding timeline for such a decision?

Any feedback on what route to proceed is really appreciated.

Thanks

Infopass

schedule an infopass - bring all, all the evidence and documents with you and talk to an immigration officer. Show documents of your relative being sick, show what did you send to them while rescheduling your interview. It is a big mistake not to come to interview and not to send a supporting evidence.

Hope bringing all your docs and talking to IO will help; if not, you have to file again. After you file you are not going to be out of status.

The best is to talk to immigration lawyer