• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone done AOS and got stamped right away?

blue25

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone got stamped right after AOS interview? If so, which office did you have interview?

AOS stamp

Good question!! I did not get one in NYC!!! It took them about 10 weeks to send me the "welcome letter" and then 2 days latter the card!! But I would like to know the answer to the question too!!

Good Luck!!

My passport was never stamped during or after the AOS interview. I did recieve an approval letter a month later and then a welcome letter notifying me that I am a permanent resident now. The letter stated that I will recieve actual green card WITHIN 3 WEEKS! Wow! I was told it takes 6 to 12 months to recieve the green card after AOS approval. USCIS is really picking up the pace and getting more efficient.

I actually found one person on a different board that got stamped right away in Boston office. It is weired, because after the usual AOS interview (not based on DV) you get stamped either right away or you schedule info pass to get it.