Anyone changing their last name??

Idlegirl

Registered Users (C)
I am changing my last name with my citizenship application. I have still not received the interview notice whereeas my husband has. I am wondering if it is because he is not changing his name. Is anyone in the same situation??

What is VSC phone number?? Can I call to check my status?? Or shd. I call USCIS.

PD 11/21/2006
FP 12/12/2006
Still waiting for interview notice.

Thanks

Idlegirl

Sorry I can't be of help with your query (no name change here), but yours was the first post I saw on this forum with PD more recent than mine (I have been lurking here for a while although this is my first post). If you don't mind my asking which DO is processing your and your husband's case ?

Thanks!

Usually name changing only affects the time it takes to get an oath ceremony after interview. A more likely explanation is that your case has not cleared FBI namecheck yet, whereas your husband's has.

Idlegirl said:
What is VSC phone number?? Can I call to check my status?? Or shd. I call USCIS.

The only people you can call are USCIS national customer service line, but I guarantee they will tell you they cannot help until your case is older than 180 days.

I have requested a FIRST NAME name change. Here is my timeline

VSC Providence DO

PD 10/26/06
FP 11/16/06
IL 12/12/06
ID 2/6/07

GC anniversary date: 1/23/07