Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

true, what you say... but it is hard to get a job in the City. I was approved to work for the city. you know they offer good benefits.

bklyn2006 said:
I went to Garden City yesterday and I spoke to the officer on duty, and after arguing with him he agreed to check my case in his computer "which he said he was not supposed to do" but he did and he told me that the case is almost done, it should be very soon, and he saw that the officer approved it , but it has to go through the second clearance.
I am still waiting ... keeping my fingers crossed :)

if it works, I will go to the Garden City to argue with him as well, last time he just let me fill out a form and that's it. I didn't hear from them for 3 weeks. they suck anyway.

Interview this morning

I went to my family based (mom) AOS interview this morning at Garden City. The officer was super cool. We cracked a couple of jokes but his professionalism was just as good as his sense of humor. I got out with mixed feelings. He said everything looks good and if i don't hear from him in 10 day, it means that there is nothing wrong with it and he will send for further processing. He did write pending i-485 on my passport but obviously no stamp.
I'll post more details on a separate post.
Has anyone heard anything new?

bklyn2006 said:
I guess, the officer who interviewed you, approved you the same day of the interview
because you mentioned that he stamped your file.
my officer stamped my file 3 weeks after the interview.

I guess he did because on the GC, it says "resident since January 24 2006" and that was the date of the interview.

chrisz said:
it is really matter of time if you are approved.
when did u file AOS by the way?

Chrisz, I filed in January 2005 and had my interview the ending of January 2006m received GC end of February 2006

bklyn2006 said:
Ravekiss:
are you a he or she?
I believe females takes less time process than males :)

I think you are right.. I know a couple of girls who's process went fast in new york less than a year..but I am a guy and they seemed very fast for me 5 months ?? I guess it just luck.... :confused:

JUST GOT BACK FROM GARDEN CITY
Hello everyone,
I just came back from garden city, to check on my status. I stood on the line then when my turn came, the officer told me to fill the inquiry form. I told her that I already did and I need to know updated status since I already spoke to the officer who confirmed that I was approved.
so finally she punched in my A# and she said that my file is no longer in Garden City..
I was surprised..
any body knows what she meant with that?? does it mean that my file went back to the national benefit center?

Man!!!!
Im on week 11 (according to the interviewer, it would take 2 - 12 weeks)
Im going to write my congresswoman :eek:

bklyn2006 said:
JUST GOT BACK FROM GARDEN CITY
Hello everyone,
I just came back from garden city, to check on my status. I stood on the line then when my turn came, the officer told me to fill the inquiry form. I told her that I already did and I need to know updated status since I already spoke to the officer who confirmed that I was approved.
so finally she punched in my A# and she said that my file is no longer in Garden City..
I was surprised..
any body knows what she meant with that?? does it mean that my file went back to the national benefit center?
I believe you will receive your welcome letter in no late than next week and GC will follow right after

Thanks Chrisz,
I hope so too
I think they sent the file back to National benefit center in MO
Or may be they sent it to Federal Plaza.
I am not sure
but I hope you are right

bklyn2006 said:
Thanks Chrisz,
I hope so too
I think they sent the file back to National benefit center in MO
Or may be they sent it to Federal Plaza.
I am not sure
but I hope you are right
MAN,why didn't you ask them where your files went? they should of telling you.
if the files went to federal plaza, maybe you should make infor pass and try to get stamp there. right?!

Chrisz,
Today I went to the congressman office in Brooklyn.
The lady working there was very helpful.
she first wanted to send INS a letter to find the details, but then she gave Federal Plaza a call, (I was surprised when she dialed a direct 212 number to connect her with an immigration officer), the officer told her that I was approved on Feb 17, so she asked them if I can go and get the stamp, they said that they only give it for emergency cases only.. but after big arguement, they told her to fax them a request. Finally she faxed them a request so they can give me an appointment to get my passport stamped. but she told me that I might get my card before I get the appointment. They told her 2-4 weeks from day of approval.
I am hoping to get it sometime next week as you told me Chris.
Thanks

bklyn2006 said:
Chrisz,
she first wanted to send INS a letter to find the details, but then she gave Federal Plaza a call, (I was surprised when she dialed a direct 212 number to connect her with an immigration officer), the officer told her that I was approved on Feb 17, so she asked them if I can go and get the stamp, they said that they only give it for emergency cases only.. but after big arguement, they told her to fax them a request. Finally she faxed them a request so they can give me an appointment to get my passport stamped. but she told me that I might get my card before I get the appointment. They told her 2-4 weeks from day of approval.
Thanks

Congrats on your approval..you will get that card soon!

bklyn2006 said:
Chrisz,
Thanks

Congrats, i can see the Federal Plaza still shaking... ;)

Is this update good or bad?

Today, I checked my status @ uscis.gov, and then found out below message regarding my I-485 Status. Does anybody know if this is good or bad? I hope everything is ok..

2/28/06
Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.