Anyone approved without lease/employment letter?

chaimdan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My interview is a mere 36 hours away... Garden City... I drove there tonight to make sure my mapquest directions were right.

I was unable to get some documents wondering if anyone can comment on their experience if you too were missing these or if they were not even looked at by the officer.

1. I don't have a letter from my joint sponsors employer, seems kinda hard for him to get it... I did send in one years tax returns and 3 of his pay stubs. and I am planning on bringing 2 new ones to the interview... (is it really necessary to ask him for new ones? or the old ones I sent 5 months ago good?)

2. I couldn't get a lease from my landlord, he's overseas, not available (I rent from a private person).... I do have Joint bank, joink Credit card, and Electric bill all coming to this address...

We do have a baby and his birth certificate did come, so that's good.

Thanks for your time and help.... Chaim

chaimdan said:
Hi Guys,

My interview is a mere 36 hours away... Garden City... I drove there tonight to make sure my mapquest directions were right.

I was unable to get some documents wondering if anyone can comment on their experience if you too were missing these or if they were not even looked at by the officer.

1. I don't have a letter from my joint sponsors employer, seems kinda hard for him to get it... I did send in one years tax returns and 3 of his pay stubs. and I am planning on bringing 2 new ones to the interview... (is it really necessary to ask him for new ones? or the old ones I sent 5 months ago good?)

2. I couldn't get a lease from my landlord, he's overseas, not available (I rent from a private person).... I do have Joint bank, joink Credit card, and Electric bill all coming to this address...

We do have a baby and his birth certificate did come, so that's good.

Thanks for your time and help.... Chaim

1. Bring the new ones just in case. It's good to have a proof of stable employment.
2. I didn't have any lease agreement either (both times - for I-485, and for I-751) - and got approved.
Good luck!

chaimdan said:
Dani did you have a a letter from employer?

When I applied - yes, when I had AOS interview - no. When I applied for I-751 - no (approved without interview).
You should be fine.

we were approved without joint lease agreement. I had the employment letter but they did not want to see it.
Since you have a baby, your relationship should not be difficult to prove. I think you will be ok without the letter, but I would bring the tax returns, most recent pay stubs and w2.

Last edited by a moderator: