Anyone applied BEFORE PD became current and got approved please post

GoPats

Registered Users (C)
Every month DOS Visa bulletin comes out 15 to 20 days early. Visa bulletin for July 2001 came out on 14th June. It says so on the bulletin itself.
What I and I suppose many did not know is that we are supposed to send our 485 application in July NOT June. My attorneys also did not know that. They mailed my application on 27th June and it reached INS on 28th June. Thats the RD(Receipt Date) for my application. The important part is that my Priority Date(PD) was not current on June 28th(The Visa bulletin said it WILL become current on July 1).

So what can happen is that when an officer looks at my application and he sees 28th June as my receipt date, he CAN reject it saying that it was filed when my PD was NOT current.

If there is anyone with similar situation and has 485 approved please post

Could you please give more details ?

Could you give more details like PD, RD, ND, AD. Also, if you could give the lawyers contact info.

Thanks in advance.

it should have alot of cases like this

We nerver heard this type of issue before, no posting before last Nov on this site.
I wonder why.

Thanks a lot , Vineet !

I got to know your name from your previous post in this discussion itself. BTW, after you manage to get the lawyer\'s info, could you please mail it to me at : alpha_beta100@yahoo.com ? Thanks, once again.

Saw same question in Murthy\'s chat

Someone had asked the same question to Murthy in her weekly chat. You can see it at murthy.com -> Chat -> Transacripts -> 3rd chat for Jan 2002 (lastest).

According to her, chances of rejection are high. So she says to apply again and then withdraw the application filed earlier. See the transcript for he full response.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I saw Murthy\'s chat ! But since it\'s already 7 mths since I applied, wanted to know if the

the wrongly filed case which is almost certainly going to be denied by the INS

Not ot Scare you but the fact is this !!

http://cpaea.org/db/current/i485/4171011926145.html
Under Thread
\'485 denied, help please \'
 "I got I-485 notice of decision of denial. It says my application was received on 03/30/01 and my priority date was current on 04/01/01. I may not appeal the case.

Any suggestion what I should do?? Thank you for your help.
Regards, "

check it out !!

I think you can withdarw the current filing ot 1485 and apply again !!

Get a good lawyer

regards