Anyone able to change H1 to F1?

snh7777

Registered Users (C)
I am currently holding H1 Visa about 4 years and renewed it once a month ago.

I got an admission in the graduate school and plan to visit my Home Country to get F1 visa as Fall Semester begins in August.

Just wondering it will be fine for me getting F1 visa in my home country.
I received I-20 from my school.
I am checking required documents for interview at USA embassy from but < seems there are no needs to show any H1B related documents upon interviewing >

Will my case be okay? No trouble to get F1 Visa?
Shown below are required documents

----------------------

Student (F/M)

What Do I Need to Apply?
• A signed passport valid for at least six months after your date of entry into the U.S.
• A completed and signed Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF DS-156) with photo (See "photo requirements") for each applicant.
• A completed Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-157) for each applicant.
• A completed Contact Information And Work History For Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant (DS-158) for each applicant.
• A receipt from Shinhan Bank for the US$100 visa processing fee. The fee may be paid at any of the bank's branches in Korea. There is a branch only a short walk from the Embassy; here is a map. A receipt showing payment of the visa application fee for each applicant, including each child listed in a parent's passport who is also applying for a U.S. visa, is needed. *Please see exceptions below.
• Original SEVIS Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (I-20) from the school/university you will be attending. We no longer seal each applicant's I-20 in an envelope. Please be sure to carry your I-20 with you and show it to the immigration inspector when you arrive in the U.S.
• Paper receipt indicating SEVIS fee payment for all F1 visa applicants. The SEVIS fee can be paid online at http://www.fmjfee.com/. Only the primary applicant is required to pay the SEVIS fee. We accept the online generated SEVIS fee receipt.
• Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended.
• Financial evidence showing that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least your first year of intended study (i.e., original bank books, income tax certificate, proof of scholarship). Please submit the financial information only of the person(s) who will be supporting you through your schooling in the U.S.For government, foundation or university-sponsored applicants, a letter showing sponsorship.
• For all science, engineering, and high technology fields of study, a detailed research proposal of your study or research plans in the U.S. on a standardized U.S. Embassy research proposal form. The research proposal form can be downloaded from this web site.
• If applying with family members, a Family Census Register (FCR) to show proof of the relationship.
• If applying separately from the principal applicant, family members must also include a clear photocopy of the principal applicant's passport and F visa.
• If applying separately from the principal applicant, the Consular Officer may request additional documents if the principal applicant has been in the U.S. for some time, including transcripts showing that s/he has maintained bona fide, full-time status as an F visa holder.
• All documents do not need to be translated into English.

It all depends on the counsular's instinct, if they think you're a genuine and real by looking at you, they'd issue u visa.

Because you're coming back from US to India and apply for F1 visa, there are chances that you would be issued f1 stamping.

But be prepared for negative too.

However, I wish you good luck.

mukehsinmd
rahasiam.com