Anybody with RFE responded > 3 months Please Read

sfbay_area_guy

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I thought it would be good for you to know that if you have responded to your RFE more than 3 months ago just call INS or Fax them.

Just make sure that your case has not been pulled from normal processing for addn'l security check.

That would mean that you will be waiting for a long time.....

Just make sure that your lawyer talks to BCIS and finds out the status - INS will not be forthcoming to tell you why your case is waiting for so long.

Needless to say that I'm going through the same.

WAC 02-043 ***
RFE response recvd. Oct 31, 2003

so, has your case been pulled from normal processing to additional security check?
and would sending in a fax be of any help other than knowing just the fact?

nimatramatra01,
Yes my case has been pulled. The fax would just help you realize that your case has been pulled and that you should not hope for an approval prior to another year. I guess it helps plan things better...

that's pretty disheartening to hear.

but is this your personal opinion or do you have a basis to the comment "should not hope for an approval prior to another year"

nimatramatra01,

It is my personal opinion based on what my lawyer told me.(they have a few cases which leads them to that belief).

Obviously there will be some lucky ones and then some not so lucky...

How about you? Has your case been pulled?

sfbay_area_guy,

i am not sure if my case has been pulled out for addtn'l security check. My lawyer did speak to the INS and they did not mention anything unusual except they are processing cases till 16th Dec and I might hear something soon. (My wac 02-065, ND 13th Dec'01)

sfbay_area_guy,
Hope your lawyer is wrong about this additional security check.

nimatramatra01,
My approval after 110-day wait may bring you hope.

Best wish to you all.

~yih

sfbay_area_guy,

Looks like I am in the same boat as you. I responded to RFE 7/10/2003 and I am still waiting. I hope mine was not sent for add'l security check.

I sent lot of faxes to INS enquiring my case...Haven't heard good answer from them anything so far....They always say it is being processed...

-wac02042

wac 02 i hope u're not in the same boat as i am, 'coz my boat is certainly sinking !!! i'm sailing against the high tides !

Do your lawyers have this special thingie where they can talk to the folks at INS - a level deeper than what you and I can when we call the 800#.

If so, have your lawyer make the phone call - that might get you some details.

sfbay_area_guy,

Keep your chin up dude. I sure hope your processing doesn't take 1 year. I don't see what processing should take that kind of time. Even if they actually send someone over to your country of residence to check up on your past, it shouldn't take that long.

Keep the pressure up via the lawyer and contact your congressman for futher assistance.

Good luck!

140 -
Appreciate the kind words..

I donno what the Congressman/woman would be able to do.

I'm sure all the'll say is "its a matter of nat'l security"

lawyers have asked me to ping them after a month so - I guess I'll do that from now on - once a month call to the lawyers.