Anybody with known Chennai October Interview?

rvalla

Registered Users (C)
I send the consulate email yesterday but no reply. I saw somebody with 'sunny_gc' id on cptracker.com already posting the interview date.
So anybody with known interview date in october? Just curious because I don't get any communication from the consulate.
Thanks
Ravi

Last edited by a moderator:
rvalla,
I am expecting an October interview and send an email to chennai consulate and they replied back asking me to check back with them next monday.

They replied same to the last email I sent, asking them about the case recieved conformation.

Just learnt from my family in India, that they have received interview letter from

Chennai consulate, for OCt 28th.

Thanks,
MBM

Rvalla,

My user id is 'sunny_gc' in cptracker.com
I wrote to the consulate two days back and I got
a reply saying, I am scheduled for Oct 28 interview.

I guess it would be a good idea to start a new thread with confirmed october interviews for chennai

October CP interview in Chennai

I just got a email from chennai consulate that my appointment is on 30-oct-03. However, my case# does not yet show up on the consulate's website for october appointments. Nor have I received packet4.:confused:

But, I need to show some document for medical exams right? What should I do?

kswami:

You can either send an email to chennai consulate with your mdr number and have them mail duplicate appointment letter to an indian address of your choioce OR have one of your folks pick up duplicate apppointment letter in person from the consulate M-F between 9am -11am except on holidays!

Hi kswaminathan
Can you please let us know ur case details like when was your case review completed and date sent to Consulate.

Thanks

Oct 30 Interview

kd1403,

US Consulate in Chennai has refused to give the appointment letter to my dad when he personally went there. They told him that I could download it from the web-site and print the appointment date and time. But, no luck with the consulate's web-site. It still says no appointment has been scheduled for my case# yet. I have sent another email to "chennaiiv" stating the problem and asking if a printout of their email will be accepted by the lab and doctors for medicals. I am waiting to hear from them.

Venkoo,
My case was sent from NVC to consulate on July 30,03.
Email from consulate says my appointment is on Oct 30, 03 .
EB3.

Originally posted by kd1403
kswami:

You can either send an email to chennai consulate with your mdr number and have them mail duplicate appointment letter to an indian address of your choioce OR have one of your folks pick up duplicate apppointment letter in person from the consulate M-F between 9am -11am except on holidays!

kswami:

That is unusual that consulate would not give a duplicate appointment letter. And there is no online systemto print out confirmed appointments for immigrant visas. What exists today is a simple web site listing interviews for a specific month and date with case number. There are no names associated with it. So I dont think any doctor would accept that as a proof of appointment. Nor would they accept a email reply from the consulate.

Here is what I would do:
1. Call consulate and talk to them and see if they can mail a duplicate to your address in india
2. Call you doctor / hospital who will be doing you medical and see if they are willing to accept an email from chennai consulate as a proof of appointment in place of an original appointment letter.

Oct 30 Interview.

kd1403,

I think they have changed their policy on what is acceptable in place of an appointment letter. Please see the following email from the consulate that states I could just print out the date/time of the appointment for my case# and use it instead of the appointment letter.

(Whether the email from the consulate is acceptable or not, I dont know. No reply to my email yet. I will call them tonight)

>
>Your appointment is on 30-OCT-2003 at 9 am.
>
>If you do not receive the appointment letter- packet 4, you may download
>this from http://chennai.usconsulate.gov
>You could enter the case number and the appt date would appear and you can
>take a print out of the same. With this letter you can go for the medical
>examination. You can also download the list of panel of Doctors and their
>address and the form OF230 part 1&2. This is accepted as an authentic
document.

I was aware of this. What exists on Chennai site is a "Case Search Functionality". What results out of this search is a case number, category and interview date and time.

But what the appointment letter contains is above plus names of all candidates who are required to undergo the interview.

What I am not sure about is whether a hospital/ doctor would accept a printout displaying case number, category and interview date + time ( & no names) to conduct a medical check up.

I had asked a similar question @ Breach Candy in Mumbai and they said they would like to see an appointment letter which states person's names including all other ancillary details! This may not be true at Chennai as the email reads.

So in your case what I would suggest is take a printout of Chennai's email plus printout of case details from Chennai web site and attend medicals and it should not be a problem.

But this scenario will not work in Bombay, especially Breach Candy (not sure about Lilavati/ Hinduja) since hospitals / doctor do not know whom the case number is associated with if they do not see an appointment letter.

kd1403,

You are right. I called Lister labs in chennai to check if they would accept the email from the consulate, since I did not receive an appointment letter yet. They said they would accept it but it should indicate my name and my spouse's name (since she would be appearing for the interview too).

kswami:

Make a photocopy of that appointment letter if you and your wife plan to do medicals on different days!

All the best!