anybody with a canada GC here?

qfgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have recently obtained a Canadian GC. I am scheduled for an
interview at US Consulate in chennai for CP interview. I am wondering if I will face any problems from US Consular for having a Canadian GC.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

qfgc.

The US authorities do not care if you have a Canadian PR. I am a Indian with a Canadian PR satus, living in Toronto with a likely US GC interview in Montreal in November. I have clearly mentioned my Canadian status in my US GC application at all stages, and on that basis my designated consulate for the US GC interview is Montreal. So there is no need to worry. Like me, there are dozens of other Canadian PR holders who are either in the process of getting, or have got the US GC without problem.

Prithis

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it is a problem

Myself and my family have permanent resident status in CANADA. And I know many people who are permitted to choose US consulate in Montreal Canada, as their Consulate of Choice, because of their PR Status, even though they are still living in the US. But Theoretically, one cannot maintain both US and Canada PR(except for the new canadian immigration rules, which will permit you to be outside the country for up to 3 years in any given 5 period). Again, US does not seem to care about your multiple citizenship/permenent rsiedency status, as long as you par with the US immigration rules(by not being outside the country for more than 6 months without Permit)

Hope t his helps

Last edited by a moderator: