Anybody whose case sent for connection between I140 & I485 got any approvals?

achiever

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Anyone who was told by IIO that his case is sent to make connection between I140 & I485 heard any news such as RFE or approvals?

Or anybody recently talked to IIO? If so please post details.

My I140 was for AOS & file should be at NSC. I know this connection was ordered by end of January. So I was wondering how long it takes to make the connection?

Any thoughts folks? This connection thing is worst than getting an RFE. With RFE aleast your file is moving. This connection thing is like black hole. Nobody know exactly what is happening.

Achiever

No FP yet

I spoke to an IIO yesterday and he did not tell me anything about my case been waiting for any connection. Whereas when my attorney called to inquiry about my case, they told them that they were waiting for the "I140 case to be connected with I485".

The IIO officer whom I spoke did not giving me any definitive answer. He told that my case looks good and its in the department where it needs to be and I should be getting my FP notice in about a month or 2 and if I still don\'t hear anything , then I could request for an expedite sheet.

Well, I don\'t know what to do. It was a months ago that I spoke to them and then the lady officer told that I should be getting in about a months time and now its past that time and now I call after a month and I still get the same reply.

Vink Question for you & please share your details

One question for you. What does your lawyer says? I can take a wild guess that unless this connection is made in your case, they will probably hold your FP notice. Again I may be wrong.

Also was your I140 approved for CP or AOS?

Here are my details

My details
EB2/RIR/India/NSC Rd 03/02/01 ND 03/27/01 FP 01/12/02

I was told that by January end connection is ordered for my case. My I140 is approved for AOS & not for CP.

Achiever

Answers for your questions

My lawyer has no clue as to what it means.

My I140 was approved for AOS and not for CP.

Here are my details
EB3/NONRIR/INDIA PD 01/98 RD 04/02/01 ND 04/19/01 and yet ot receive FP notice.

Vink : FP for 140 in CP & 485 in AOS

I see a lot of discussion on " connection needed between 140 & 485 " for cases that had 140 filed in CP but 485 filed in AOS.
I have a question " When is the conection is made ? at time of FP notice sent or final adjudication ? "
If a such an applicant recieves a FP notice, does it mean the conection is made ??.

Ok That means we are in same boat

My lawyer\'s reaction was same as yours. All she could tell me that that must be some internal process.

My guess is that They will match our I140 application file with I485 file. This means our case goes to NSC warehouse where they will pull up I140 application file from Rack & will make connection.

Problem is that the file goes to warehouse & then someone pulls your I140 file. It seems that long time is taken in this process.

If connection is ordered for me in end of January & now after 2 months I still don\'t know whether connection is made or not. I have no problem in making a connection but why it should take so long time.

This connection thing is probably worst than getting an RFE. Also I can guess that those people who have RD& ND before April & who has not recevied any RFEs or FP notices, are in same situation i.e. their files have been sent to make connection with their I140

If you have any information or know anybody who was in same situation & has got approvals or RFEs then please post here.

Achiever

No necessarily

I received my FP notices On Dec 11th & IIO told me that connection was ordered by the end of Jan.

I think connection is ordered when your case is reviewed by an officer. It has no relationship with whether you have received FP notices or not.

I know some people who has got RFEs & they have replied to RFEs but are still waiting for FP notices.

I guess after connection is made file comes back to officer & again he reviews the file & then

1.if all is well then approves the case.
2. He may send RFEs
3.If he finds out FPs are missing then he sends FP notice.

Achiever

No FP

I got this info from my lawyer saying that they are waiting for I140 to be connected with I485 case. I\'m not sure if they are waiting for any such connection, coz when I spoke to an IIO, he did not mention anything about it.

I know one of my friends, who got a RFE with out getting a FP notice.

H\'mm I wonder how many people are there in the same boat as we are......

ND: 3/21/01 Recd. RFE and responded to it in March\'02

As per NVC, my I-140 file was with a consulate in India. Apparently - though it does not make any sense - my I-140 and I-485 connection happened faster than a local connection because I already got an RFE, responded to it and waiting for Approval.

Gurkulam, One question..

but was connection between I140 & I485 ordered for you? Did IIO told you something like that? Because if not then may be connection was not ordered for your case.

However if you know that a connection was ordered then can you please post details of your conversation with IIO regarding connection matter?

Achiever

Anybody in "connection" situation got approved?

Anybody whose I485 has been sent to make connection with I140 heard anything like RFEs, approvals? There seems to be no news on these type of cases.

If anybody has any information, please post.

Achiever