Anybody who got approved last week has received approval notice in the mail?

H1 stamping with lost passort

Hi All,
I am in US on an F-1 Visa working on an OPT. I got my WAC number and will get my H-1 pretty soon. I lost my passport in May, filed a police report and got a duplicate passport from Indian Consulate in CA. I have all my paper works with me (I-20/EAD card for F-1 OPT/Degree Certificates/Employer letter). Should i visit India and get my passport stamped or should i not do that ? Is there any risk to the application because i lost my passport in US ? Sounds a bit paranoid even as i am typing it, but i have read enuf horror stories about H1 stamping.
thnx
anand

AD:03/12/02 waiting for approval notice... one question

Hi guys,

My case has been aproved on 03/12/02 and am waiting for the approval notice.

Here are my questions....

1. Can I get stamping with the courtesy copy?

I know some people on this forum said I can.

2. When I talked to my lawyer today, he said I have to fill an
application for the actual card(plastic card). Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Pachai Attai.

Pacha Attai

1. It\'s better to use the courtesy copy because it has your home address on it. INS will mail the I-551 plastic card to the address on your approval notice.

2. The form is called I-89. You are not supposed to fill out the form yourself. Just go to your local INS office, and tell them that your I-485 got approved. They will give you an I-89 and take your index finger print. Then, you will sign it and that\'s it. You then submit the form with your approval notice, I-94 card, two photos to an officer and the officer will place a temporary I-551 stamp in your passport. Then you go home and wait for the I-551 (green card) in the mail.

It is not the case in Newark

1)They ask for ORIGINAL approval notice from the lawyer, NOT your coutesy copy.

2)Your home address is stored in their computer, they will send the plastic card only to the HOME address in their computer.

3)They ask for your AP and EAD, better bring them and turn them in.

No Title

Probably it\'s different in Newark. That\'s what happened in Boston. The officer asked me specifically if the address on the courtesy copy was my current address.

Also, there was a similiar posting by someone who suggested that you use your courtesy copy instead of the original copy.

My suggestion would be just take both copies and also bring AP/EAD (if they are still valid).

GC_Kool is right

I just returned from my PP stamping in Norfolk,VA and the situation there was exactly what GC_kool mentioned above.

I gave my courtesy copy and the lady asked me if the address was correct and I said YES, she took my finger print and signature and I was out of the building in 45 min.
She did not even take my EAD. She just took my I-94 and AP

should the photos be the same as the ones we submitted to EAD?

or is it just passport photos

Attorney recieved the Approval notice yestarday(03/14) .. i\'m still waiting for courtsey copy (AD :

Please post the POSTMARK on the envelope

of your courtesy copies. This will give an idea when the approval were mailed. Normally it two days from Vermont to NJ and PA(possibly)
It would seem that there is a backlog in the mailing process.

No Title

In my case, it took them 7 days to mail out the notice.

My AD is 2/28, the postmark is 3/7 and I received it on 3/9.