Anybody who got approval email in July got the card or paper approval notice yet?

Jackolantern

Registered Users (C)
Those who got the first indication of approval on July 3rd or later via email (but obviously not counting those who just got the magic email today), whether it was "card ordered" or "card mailed" or "approval notice sent" or whatever, have any of you received your card or paper approval notice in the mail yet?

Given the recent crazy events and flip-flopping of USCIS and DOS, I am bit skeptical of the July approval emails (including my own). I wonder if they will turn around and say "all approval emails and case status messages showing approval after July 2nd were issued in error due to a computer glitch."

Last edited by a moderator:
I have same concern here so many OOOOps recently from uscis....

Nothing received yet...my AD - 7/10, Mailed - 7/11. my observation was that people received cards in couple of days after Cards Message.

Got "Approval notice sent" status today, so I was also wondering how long before getting something concrete in hand. I did not get the "Card Production Ordered". I guess i just need to wait and watch.

7/05/2007 - Card Production Ordered email
7/10/2007 - Approval Notice Sent email
7/13/2007 - Received Card in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
my wife and I also got card production emails from CRIS today.....i just hope that was not due to a computer error/glitch from USCIS hehehe!!!

Just to let you guys know, I got approval notice mailed email on 06/26 and card mailed email on 06/28. However,they were actually mailed on 06/28, not on 06/26 as mentioned in approval email so got both notice and card on same day, 07/02. So dont worry too much on this account.

thanks chatterjee1...

My AD - 7/10, Mailed - 7/11, Final Update Message-7/13 & LUD - 7/14. hope I will get in my cards in this week..

Green card Received

Guys

I finally received my Green Card on July 14, five days after my approval on July 9.

I got my Card Ordered email on 7/10 and my Approval Notice Sent email on 7/13...hope to get something in the mail soon.

AD is .."Resident Since Date" on our cards..

Received cards today both myself and wife.

My journey ends here.....bit relax until next bus (may be citizenship..might need to go for it asap..as now employers started asking only citizen....GC is no more enough for few BS people...)

My AD - 7/10, Mailed - 7/11, Final Update Message-7/13 & LUD - 7/14. Cards RD-07/16/2007<<<<<<<<end>>>>>>>

<<<<Resident Since - 07/10/2007, Card Expires- 07/10/2017>>>>

bestRegards and good luck guys!!!

Interesting! So they actually did pre-allocate visa numbers in June and then continued to approve green cards in July ... it is not that they approved you in June and then took a couple of weeks to do the data entry to update the system.

This brings interesting implications for the lawsuit, because until they actually use all the visa numbers for approval the bulletin should not be all unavailable.

I have been eagerly looking into my mail box each day since 7/11 "card ordered" 7/12 "Approval Sent".
Hope to see some today evening.

So these days you don't need to go with the approval notice for the stamping?
One of my friend whose got approved some 3 years back was saying that you would have to get an appointment at the USCIS to get he stamping and then its there where they start the process of ordering the plastic card.

Looks like that has changed.

neo

So these days you don't need to go with the approval notice for the stamping?
One of my friend whose got approved some 3 years back was saying that you would have to get an appointment at the USCIS to get he stamping and then its there where they start the process of ordering the plastic card.

Looks like that has changed.

neo
The card used to take months to get produced and delivered, so it was important to get the stamping while you wait. Now that the cards are delivered in 1 or 2 weeks after approval, the stamping is no longer necessary and they will in fact refuse to stamp your passport unless you have a convincing reason, like the card not arriving within 30 days.

We Got the Actual Card

Folks,
We got actual card in mail on 7/16/07, we received card production email on 7/10/07 right after our FP Code-3
Good Luck