Anybody went to Detroit office for FP2 earlier than scheduled?

getit

Registered Users (C)
Both my wife and I are scheduled for FP2 in Detroit office on 8/19/04, and we want to get it done earlier than this date. Does anybody have experience on that? If we can do, do we need to make an appointment with them?
I appreciate your reply!

Denied my spouse's

On 7/9 they denied to do a FP2 scheduled for 7/16. They said they got instructions on that day saying not to do earlier FP.
I am not sure if they give the same story to everyone. It may depend on the person who's there at that time

Thanks a lot for your reply. Did your spouse make an appointment before he/she sent there?

Till about a month ago it was possible to go for early FP at Detroit ASC. Their first response is that they will not do it prior to scheduled date. If you ask to speak to the supervisor and then explain the reason they will schedule you for another date maybe a week before the scheduled date. The supervisor told me they do not entertain early FP unless there is a valid reason and that too within a week or 10 days prior to scheduled date. In my case I just asked for the saturday prior to scheduled date. Again there have been instances where if they are not too busy on a particular day they may take early FP's. I do not know of anyone who could get FP's without the FP notice at Detroit ASC. That's the first thing they ask you when you go there. But then you never know?

No

we didn't make an appointment. When we told the person at the front desk and the supervisor that we will not be in town on 16th, they said reschedule it and the earliest rescheduled date would be in September since they are booked up till then.
The place was empty when we went there, but they still wouldn't do it. I asked if I could come the next day 7/10 which is saturday and they said, saturdays are usually overbooked. They specifically said don't come even a day ahead of your scheduled date

I did FP1 earlier to Scheduled date at Detroit

My and my wife's FP-1's were done 05/20/04 whereas scheduled date was 06/14/04. I just went to front desk and explained to him that I will be in India during that time. My airline tickets were there with me as a proof. Then he agreed to do immediately. No questions asked.

There were some comments / rumors (?) from friends that if you prepone there are chances for delay in 485. I have no idea about this.

All the best to you.