anybody there whose family member\'s case was seperated?

LLLLL

Registered Users (C)
I received my approval notice ten days ago and got my passport stamped on last Friday. But my wife has not got her approval yet. When I called INC, the IIO told me somehow her case was sepearted from mine per the record (this maybe the reason why we did FP seperately)and she did not know why. She then nicely told me she would send an email to the supervsior regarding the case. Anyone in the same boat? Any advice or comments? Thanks

My case is kind of the same one

I got my approval on 01/24/02 and received the original attorney\'s copy of my approval to my home address. My wife\'s case got approved on 01/29/02 . I did not get her approval notice. I called up TSC and guess what ?

My case does not indicate a lawyer associated with it and my wife\'s case indicated a totally different lawyer, whom I don\'t even know.

The receipt notices for 485 clearly shows our lawyer names and I don\'t know why, how or who changed the lawyer names on our cases.

TSC is sending me another copy of my wife\'s approval notice.

thanks for reply, but

you are much more lucky than me. My wife\'s case was separated with mine and it is still "pending". Hope INS would process her case and approve it soon.

Same here!

Here is what my lawyer told me - FYI: the INS just released a
news item today stating that it can take up to 120 days between when the principal\'s I-485 is approved and when the spouse/children\'s I-485 are approved.

Our cases are in the same situation at TSC

We have same RD, ND and did FP together, but my 485 (01-114-xxxxx) got approved 1/24 while hers is still pending. Called TSC IIO and was told that she had no clue why it is like this...

She suggested that I fax to the IIO who approved my case (she told me the officer # who did my case) and see if s/he will pick it up.

Please keep us posted in case you guys got the family member approval. Thanks.

My firend is also in similar situation

My firend wife\'s case got approved on January 4th but his case is still pending. In this case he is primary applicant and his wife is dependent. I guess TSC started a new mess now.

Thanks for the info

I tried to call INS today but could not get through. I called INS several times before and got connected normally in a hour or two. But today I could not get the luck. But I will try again tomorrow.

Will let you guys know if I got any progress. Good luck to you all.

Another 2 same cases in TSC

Case 1: Primary approved in 9/01, dependants in 1/02 and 2/02

Case 2: Primary approved in 8/01, dependant in 1/02

What a mess!!!

it could get through to fax (214)767-7654

This is the fax number specified by TSC for inquiry about Employment based I485 cases. I could get through almost everytime.

It worked great about half to one year ago, when I got quick and helpful reply from them (via fax or letter) soon after I faxed.
But from sometime about half year back until now, I could not get any response from them for any of my fax inquiry. I have no way to know whether they have looked over it, processed it or not.

BTW, about my case, yesterday I called and talked with an IIO, who told me that they have send out the FP redo notice to my wife at the end of this Jan. But we have not received it yet. I do not know how the notice got lost, just like it happened to me one and half year ago. The office nicely told me that they will reschedule it. Hope the processing was not delayed very long.

Any update?

Any update on the dependant\'s case? I faxed the G731 to the TSC fax number yesterday, hopefully someone will pick it up and handle it.

still waiting

I am trying to get TSC send a FP redo notice to my wife. The IIO I talked to told me they would reschedule her FP but we still have not received the notice. If still could not get it in a week, will contact them again.

Any good news from you guys?

G731 form

The G731 form can be used for general question on your 485 (page 1) and for checking your plastic card status after 90 days (page 2).
You can download it from INS website, pick the form for TSC. They have different form for each service center.

Wife\'s case approved

Last night I checked the AVM and it said that my wife\'s case is approved on Feb 26, 2002. My case was approved on Jan 14th, so even though she filed with me she got her approval 41 days later.