Anybody received RFE for birth certificate?

dan dan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I\'ve submitted consulate Birth certificates along with my I485 application. I\'ve been issued a RFE but have yet to receive it. I was wondering if its for my BC and if anybody in a similar situation has received RFE for it?

No Title

Dan Dan,

It is my understanding that Consulate BCs are not enough - I am pretty sure I read this either on this site or on Murthy\'s site. In any case, a good way to cover the BC requirement is to have an affidavit done by one/both parent(s) or any TWO other folks from your city of birth stating that they, so-and-so, affirm your birth particulars to be so-and-so, including date and place of birth. This affidavit must be duly attested by a court of law and you should be fine with this.

I had my parents send me this affidavit - it took them about a week to get it from Calcutta High Court and cost them about 50 rupees.

Hope this helps.

No Title

Thank you vodoo and others. Since submitting my 485 application I applied and got my BC from India but my BC only states that a male child was born on that date..no name. My parents names are on it. Will this suffice?

I have seen people getting approved with the consulate certificate. In face just a couple of days back some one had posted about getting approved with consulate BC as well as consulate marriage certificate.

I guess when INS sees consulate certificates they toss a coin and the rest is your luck.

No Title

Top answer you frist question. Get two affidavits from your parent\'s stating that the male child born to them is in fact you named ____.

No Title

Dan Dan,
I also submitted Consulate birth Certificate and don\'t know
whether I will get an RFE or not. My RD is Mar-2000.
Once you get an RFE please let me know whether it was for BC or something else.
Gaurav.