Anybody receive FP notice after talking to IO

akilhere

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with an IO about 10 days ago and she said that she would initiate an FP request and send it to the FP unit but I haven't got my FP notice yet. I was wondering if anybody else was waiting for an FP notice after the IO had promised them that they would send an FP notice soon.

My story

Called TSC multiple times since June about my expired FPs and was promised on 2 separate occasions that they would "request" FPs be done. My lawyer got our FP2 notices last week but we did not (apparently it went to an old address even though our address has been changed 2 years ago and received other notices at the new address). So I'm not sure which one of those calls did the trick, but in either case, was more than 10 days to lawyer receiving notices.
Spouse and self appointment letters reached lawyers 3 days apart - just FYI

I spoke with an IO about 10 days ago and she said that she would initiate an FP request and send it to the FP unit but I haven't got my FP notice yet. I was wondering if anybody else was waiting for an FP notice after the IO had promised them that they would send an FP notice soon.

FP Notice after tallking to IO

Hi akilhere,

I have talked to IO around 10 days back and she confirmed that she will initiate a FP notice. Yesterday I have received the FP notice. The only difference is I have talked NSC IO. I think you will receive the notice shortly.

Good Luck!
gj
I-485 1293 days passed after receipt
I-140 1399 days passed after approval
Labor 2008 days passed after PD

Not yet and just lost the last piece of hope too after call to TSC IO

Man.. this is ridiculous.

1) Talked with an IO 12 days ago and she told me the same. I haven't received anything yet. She told the Name check is Clear and only FP is expired. She told she will initiate FP for me. Nothing happened yet.

2) Had an Infopass lastweek to get an update and the IO (who had no class to be called an officer) absolutly denied any information about case. He told Name check and background checks are good.

3) Just few minutes ago talked to a TSO IO and she tole me that, my Name check is pending...What the ........????

Just clueless now.

EB3 India - PD - Aug 03

I140/485 RD - Jul 04
I140 - AD - Oct 04

1st FP - April 05

VSC to TSC - 03/07/07
LUD - 03/15/07

On 4th EAD now

Thanks guys..I'm waiting for my FP notice and hope to get it done before October so I can have the faintest of hope that I could get my GC before october....will wait and see

I'm going to start a new thread to get a list of ppl who are in the same category as that of mine (NC cleared but FP expired)

I am in the same boat

I had called TSC and was told that the IO is going to request 2nd FP for us since the 1st FP has expired. Nothing has come as of yet. One call later, the IO says the FP was sent on May 15th !!!. The IO she will resend the FP.

Did anybody had a LUD change when the FP was sent/resent?

Still waiting.

No LUD for us

when the FP2 was sent. Still shows 3/9/2007 LUD for me

I had called TSC and was told that the IO is going to request 2nd FP for us since the 1st FP has expired. Nothing has come as of yet. One call later, the IO says the FP was sent on May 15th !!!. The IO she will resend the FP.

Did anybody had a LUD change when the FP was sent/resent?

Still waiting.

called TSC on July 3rd to enquire about my case and check with them about
the 2nd FP notice. I was told that my 2nd FP was ordered on April 18th.
But we never received any notice. Also I was told that my case is pending name check.

Immigration officer did some thing and said I’ll receive something in 10 to 15 days.

I contacted local congressman on 07/09. But don't know which one triggered
We received our 2nd FP (CODE 1) scheduled on July 31

i am in the same situation. called TSC multiple times, and every time IO said that they will request for new FP, but i have'nt received anything yet. The last time i called the IO said that it will take 6-8 weeks to schedule an FP and asked me to wait. I am not sure whats going on?

Here's my understanding

...pieced together from my experience in the same situation.
TSC can "request" biometrics / FP, but the ASC has to "schedule" the appointment based on their load / availability.
One IO even told me that a whole bunch of FP requests "went into a blackhole" which could explain why some of us never got FP2 after transfer to TSC

i am in the same situation. called TSC multiple times, and every time IO said that they will request for new FP, but i have'nt received anything yet. The last time i called the IO said that it will take 6-8 weeks to schedule an FP and asked me to wait. I am not sure whats going on?

jk_nidhi:

If I remember right, your ASC is in Boston, right? Perhaps you can try to do a walk-in at the Manchester ASC to see if you can provide your FPs there instead. Agreed that it may not even work, but it may be worth a try if there is no scheduled date in sight.

I have talked with TSC IO last week and she said that my FP was originally scheduled for May 16th, i said neither my lawyer nor me received the notice. She said she would send it again and i have received it yesterday. Yes, the notice had the original scheduled date as May 16th. So today i have been to ASC to give my code1 FP and i see a LUD soon after that. Also by the way when i talked with TSC IO, she mentioned that the case is already assigned to an officer and i did not ask if visa number was allotted to it or not. She also said that all the checks are cleared.

Could someone pl tell when she says the case is assigned to an officer, does it mean visa number is also allotted?

Also i suggest that those who are waiting for FP notice, you may give a call to TSC IO and request to send the same again, because the same has worked for me.

-----
EB3 OCT 2002 INDIA
I-485/I-140 RD OCT 2 2003
I-140 AP AUG 2004
1ST FP FEB 2005
VSC->TSC MAR 2 2007
2ND FP 07/24/2007

Adding to my previous post,

if our FPs were originally scheduled and we have never received, they just need to send it again.

In the case of my wife's 485, i was told that FP appointment was not originally scheduled in May and when i requested for her FP notice as well, she said that she has initiated the move to schedule the FP now and it might take 45 days.

So this tells me that, if you already have FP scheduled before, you may receive it in a week or so else we have to wait for 45 days or whatever time ASC takes to schedule it (i think it depends on ASC backlog).

-----
EB3 PD OCT 2002 INDIA
I-485/I-140 RD OCT 2 2003
I-140 AP AUG 2004
1ST FP FEB 2005
VSC->TSC MAR 2 2007
2ND FP 07/24/2007

Thanks to all of you who shared there experiences. I am in the two boats then, last week the IO told me that she will "request" FPs since the 1st one is expired. Yesterday, I called up again (I don't like bugging people, but looking at the post I thought I can try), I was hoping that the IO will say you called up last week and wait for the 2nd FP. Instead she said the FP was sent on May 15th and we should have received it!!! Then she said she will send it "again". So, I guess I will have to wait till next week (or 45 days) to figure out which IO was correct.

:mad:

...pieced together from my experience in the same situation.
TSC can "request" biometrics / FP, but the ASC has to "schedule" the appointment based on their load / availability.
One IO even told me that a whole bunch of FP requests "went into a blackhole" which could explain why some of us never got FP2 after transfer to TSC

If those FPs hadn't gone into a "black hole", some of us might have got out approvals...I guess misery loves a *big* company!!

If those FPs hadn't gone into a "black hole", some of us might have got out approvals...I guess misery loves a *big* company!!
There are so many "If onlys"! If only TSC had scheduled the finger prints for all my dependents at the same time as mine in June 2004, we might have got our approvals in 2004;)
Sometimes I feel there are some rogue elements in TSC who do such things deliberately to inflict pain on poor souls like us!

marooned42:
Does Manchester ASC have a walk-in day or could i just try any day? Do i have to take an appointment for this?

Does Manchester ASC have a walk-in day or could i just try any day? Do i have to take an appointment for this?

I'm not aware of a walk-in day for Manchester.

You can take an Infopass appointment to speak to an IO and explain the situation to him/her.

If you're lucky and the IO is accommodating, you may be allowed to provide your FPs right away or asked to come later. It's a game of luck, really.

Another option is to talk to a TSC IO and see if the IO can schedule your FPs for the Manchester ASC. However, I doubt this would be possible since the FP scheduling is done kinda automatically, based on your address, etc. At this point, however, anything may be worth a try, if you know what I mean.

Got the old FP notice

On 7/28 we received the FP notice dated 4/19. The FP was scheduled on May 15th and we never rec'd it. I received the FP notice after the IO said on 7/23 she will resend.

I will try to take this FP and see if I can get my FPs taken. Anybody did this at Atlanta ASC?

Thanks.