anybody looking for an Apartment?? Please read

485sub

Registered Users (C)
We are currently living in this apt(more than 3 years)...we are breaking our lease as me are moving. As a result we are liable for paying the rent for all the months that the apt is vacant until the lease expires. And that is why we are in a panic. Thought this forum is a good place to advertise...

Well, here are the details guys..if you or anybody you know are interested:

GreenBrook Garden apts

15 min to Edison(Oak tree rd)

Nice area(very easy commute to Rt22, Rt78, Rt287, GSP)

2 bedrooms (main bedroom with 2 very big floor to ceiling closets, 2nd bedroom has one closet)

2 decent sized, deep coat closets on either side of the entrance to the apt,

1 bath(nice stone flooring - easy to clean),

kitchen with extra cabinets and frost-free refrigerator,

separate dining area,

living room with sliding glass door to balcony open to a nice big
tree that is in full bloom(pink flowers) in Spring -- a beautiful sight,

1st(ground floor) apartment with common basement(common for all apartments in this building) underneath for laundry, therefore the balcony. The main door to the apt is ground level though.

Rent approx. $1200 (definitely cheaper than apts in Edison), we are presently paying $1036

15 min to Edison train station, 5 min to Dunellen train station, 2 min to NJTransit buses(very frequent and convenient) to NY,

well maintained apartments(any problem..call maintenance..they attend ASAP)

available in March 2003 (and later)

I don't understand what you mean by....

If you are paying $1036 now why are you asking us to pay you $1200? You are about to break the lease. If we have to take the apartment the rent should be lesser than what you are paying now.

Hello,

Nowdays, one get lots appt. less than 1200 dollars. make it some reasonable so people can even take a look at ur post.

Re: I don't understand what you mean by....

To pay the current rent, you have to sneak in without telling the landlord. If both of you don't have much furniture, it's possible. I did it once, almost endup in a lawsuit.
Originally posted by WAITING_4_APP
If you are paying $1036 now why are you asking us to pay you $1200? You are about to break the lease. If we have to take the apartment the rent should be lesser than what you are paying now.

answers to all questions...

No, I'm not trying to sublet the apartment....so it is not in my hands to make it cheaper.....

I rented this apt 3 1/2 years back when the rents in this complex for a 2 bedroom apt was $920(at this time I checked out similar apts in Edison for $1100 - $1200)...over the 3 years the rent was raised to $1036(based on 2% increase per year or something). But for new tenants the rents are not the same(this is the case with all apt rentals) so I said the rent could approx. be $1200....but I can definitely find out the exact figure if someone is interested.

Please don't try to attack me guys.....I am just trying to help somebody looking for a good apt and at the same time trying to do myself a favor.

When I was looking for apts in this area 3 years back, I didn't find these apts in any apt guide or even on the internet....I luckily happened to drive by them. So, people looking at apt guides etc to find an apt would not come across these apts...and that is why I'm kind of advertising here....again for my own selfish reason to be frank....

thanks!

rent is $1095

alright guys...I just called our rental office and found out that the rent is $1095....quite less than what I expected.

They might some other incentives also.....

need more info

can you post the link to the apt web site. I need to check on floor area. Also, how is the locality. Is it is decent enough to live.

kks_1999 and makhansing

kks_1999:T
They do not have a website. But if you are interested you can email me and I will give you the directions...and other info...I can get you the floor plan also.... you can come and take a look at our apt too if you wish....all the rooms are nice size...especially plenty of closet space...it is a very decent area...nice people...the apt overlooks to the woods(trees), so nice privacy too...they have garages that you can rent too...

Other info: The following are in close proximity:

Big KMART - 2 mins
PATHMARK - 2 mins
STAPLES - 2 mins
BJ's - 5 mins
SEARS - 5 mins
Watchung square mall(has TARGET, OLD NAVY, TJ MAX, CARTER's outlet store for babies and kids, STOP & SHOP, and many more....) which is within 1 mile ie. 5 mins

Blue Star Mall(has MARSHALL's, KOHL's, TOY's R US, KIDs R US, Shop Rite etc) -- 5 mins

Bridgewater Commons Mall is 15 mins
Bridgewater temple is 20 Mins.

Day care center/Preschool(very good and reasonabe fees- my son goes here) is 2 mins away.

click on the "profile" button to email me

makhansing:
I have sent you an email with my contact info. You can email me or call me...

Last edited by a moderator:
What u hv to pay for the full yr.. Was this in your leese agreement. I broke the lease in around same area and max i paid was one month rent in Piscataway in 2000 . And for all the lease holders i guess there was a nj law that u hv a option to go for two months notice to break the lease without paying anything extra if you are in the second year of lease renewal. But the catch is you have to ask the managment about that or else they will make a agreement on there own terms.

and the way i recall u r near Stelton road area near Tajmahal desi shop if its still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

If u r moving because of unforseen situation( e.g. layoff) then talk to Management. They do consider such situation and u just have to pay small penalties and one month notice. i know one of my friend living well known desi's living appt. in Piscataway, NJ who got lay off and he gave one month notice and $250.00 penalty.

ghost-rider

thanks for the info....could you tell me more about this NJ law and where I can get more info about it.

I gave my leasing company a 45 day(month and half) notice...they said I have to pay a penalty(for breaking lease) of $200 and will be responsible for the rent until the apt is leased to someone else or my lease expires whichever happens first.

No I'm not in Piscataway, but closer.....

I came to know about that from word of mouth and i tried it when i had renewal of my lease and apartment ppl agreed and made me that lease agreement but in 2000 job market was hot so i quit on 7 day notice with one month rent penelty which was my deposit to them. So make sure what they are asking is there in you lease agreement if not they cannot ask you for alll the money till the apartment is vacant. That is not your headache, if those clauses are not there in your lease agreement. and they cannot force u to pay that.

tyzh

Thanks!

Well...what can I say...I was told they don't have one by one of the guys in their office...who who would know better than them,so I took it for granted and never searched for one using the now-a-days' great search engines :)

So there you go guys you got the url...they have the floor plans there(I just checked :) )

Makhansing/Inderpal Gambhir:

I just emailed you my contact info. again..

Makhansing/Inderpal Gambhir

Let me know if you got my email...in case you don't get me on the phone then email me...

By law u can break lease if you are laid off

hi,
I too live in NJ. I know how complicated it is to stick on to this rigid lease terms in the prevailing market situation.
But If you are Laid Off you can terminate the lease and on the 40th day of the receipt of the notice the landlord has to terminate the lease. This is not my Word. This has been specified in the book" Truth in Renting ", a guide to rights and responsibilities of residential tenents and landlords in NJ. This book would be given by the landlords to all the tenants when they move to the new Apt. But i dont have any clue about any other conditions that make this law possible. you can find for your self in that book. I hope this info would help some.
Thanks