Anybody help?

Bouki

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
I'm writing this mail on behalf of my cousin . Her asylum has been peding three years ago. It looks like after the hearing with th judge, her case was transfered to what they call the Board of Appeal. Does anybody knwo what is it and what she(My cousin) can at this stage?
Thank you very much for your update.

Bouki

Just be patient and pray.

It means that she has exhausted 75% of the chances of getting asylum. The process is 1- Immigration Officer, if asylum rejected it goes to 2.- Immigration Judge. If asylum rejected it goes to 3. BOA Board of Appeals. I have heard that the chances of getting asylum status on this stage are thin, but possible. If her asylum is rejected the last resource would be step 4.- the Supreme Court (and so far, I haven't heard anybody at that level). Both Steps 3 and 4 are only papers and depends on the arguments of her attorney.
My suggestion, try to remain calm and pray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following is the correct chain to rebuttal an unsuccessful and long pending case: Asylum Officer, Immigration Judge, Board of Immigration Appeal, Federal Circut Court of appeal, and the Suprime Court (very selective).

Best Luck.