Anybody heard about special prject/name check for I-485

qmwei

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 cas#WAC 01-248-XXXXX is been pending for so long. The REF was received on 11/02. Recently, my law check with AILA liaison and told me my case has already been adjudicated, it is now in the last step of processing for a name check. Anybody heard about that before? Any idea how long may it take before they issue the approval notice?
I called INS today, and was told my case was signed to a special project. I don't know what that mean. That may be the same thing as name check. Is this something new? I am really tired about waiting and waiting.

Did you / your spouse submit another I-485 before this one?

Maybe in another category and to another service center?

I just spoke to IIO to discuss about my wife's case. We responded to her medical RFE and INS recd it on Dec,2002. When I spoke to IIO, he told me my wife's case is assigned to Division I - Special Project on Jan 23, 2003. He didnt know what it means and he asked me to do fax enquiry. Please let me know whether you also got similar response from IIO. Did your lawyer clarified what it means?

Yes, I got the similar answer when I called the INS yesterday. I don't know what's going on. My lawer has no idea too. My lawer told me my case has been adjudicated, just waiting for name check.

other 485 application types

qmwei, do you only have one 485 application? Have you ever qualified for some other types of 485 application and applied, such as family relation type?

I also got the same response.
Any one who can make sense out of it ?

FYI..
This information , you will only get when you call directly to CSC or if your lawyer is doing case inquiry through AILA.

Please let us know who else is getting to hear this new b***shit

Last edited by a moderator: