Anybody have such experience about I485 approval

atlgc

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved on 10/25/04, but I140 still shows pending.
Both LUD got changed one more time to 10/26/04. Do you think it is possible that my I140 is approved but just the status is not updated?

Anybody experience this before?

I think your I-140 is approved, they just forgot to change the message in the mail room before mailing out your approval notice. I-485 cannot be approved without I-140. I-485 cannot stand on its own. It is part of standard USCIS regulation. It needs a supporting pillar that is I-140. That is why for some people, if I-140 gets denied, I-485 also gets denied.

All of the people who got both the applications approved recently had their LUD changed to 10/26/2004 after the approval message. It seems like the system has automatically updated itself is what we think. Its like we don't have enough stress ... :)

If it makes you feel better, my H1-b was approved april 6 of this year, received the approval notice in the mail, and the online status still says that my application will take 120-180 days to process..yeah right... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the same

Yes,
I agree. There cannot be a I-485 approval without a I-140 for EB cases.
If they have done so....why worry. I-485 approval means you get your GC. :) So who cares what other petitions like I-140, I-765 etc are approved. :p

Thanks a lot for your replies. Today my company got the approval notice for my I140. I think attorney will get the approval notice for I485 within a couple of days.

I am so happy to enjoy the freedom.