Anybody got layed of after 180 days and got GC

msam

Registered Users (C)
Anybody got layed of after 180 days after filling I485 and got GC. Did you move to a new company and inform INS about it or continued with the old company

No Title

Did you go to the GC interview with your old employer name or the new employer name. Can your old employer with draw the I485 which was filled.

No Title

Hello bravemind

Can you let me know what r the documents that needs to be taken care before we jump the first company.
Should we work in the same region where labour was filed or we can work at any other place under the region of VSC
also should we inform INS before we make a jump

Thank\'s

No Title

BraveMind and Others,
  Could you please provide me with details since I am in the same situation.

GreenHopeful

No Title

Hi Bravemind

I am also in the same situation. I am on bench since June and I have completed 9 months since filing 485. I am seriouly considering a change as I have potential offers. Experienced candidates like you, please guide us on the following questions.

1. Obviously we will work on EAD. Right ?. After changing the company how do we extend the EAD? With the same Lawyer? Or do we have to also change the Lawyer? If the Attorney agrees to file for Extn of EAD do we require any documentation from the new employer.

2. How do we ensure that we get the same designation is offered by the new employer? If we take let us say a higher designation such as Manager, will it work or poses additional problems? Is it OK if we stay within the O*NET prescribed designations. What is your feel on this.

3. Do we let INS know of the change?

4. Should we tell the sponsoring employer? If the sponsoring employer agrees for GC process continuation even though he is not paying me, with the proviso that when things are all right and market improves I join him back. In such a situation it will jeopardise my position with the company if I tell the previous employer that I am joining a new employer. On the other hand I have to join thenew employer for my livelihood. This is a catch 22 situation. Please advise.

5. Please let us know in detail as to what to do in case of a RFE or Interview with INS.

6. Finally, if we are approved without RFE or Interview, what documents and precautions do we take for stamping?

If any one has any more questions, please add here and circulate so that every one who is wanting to, but hesitating to chaneg employers because of lack of information is benefited.

Thanks Brevemind in advance.

Sudhir

No Title

I did not change job. I was laid off by the company. Luckily VSC did not ask for any employment letter and my case was approved while I was looking for a job. The company I worked for did not withdraw the gc application. But my situation was well before the INS published guidelines for AC21 law. You should consult a lawyer to know more about the implementation of the AC21 rule.

No Title

Bravemind, You hold the key for solving the problems of many of us.

When you went for stamping, what did you answer the INS when they asked about your current employment. After layoff, during stamping can one still say that he is working for the same employer. What type of problems one will face if he tells that he is on the look out for a new job or he has changed the job.

Your immediate response will be greatly appreciated.

No Title

If your case is approved and you have an approval notice from VSC, the INS does not ask you any questions. Our (my wife included) passport stamping took less than 5 minutes. The lady at the counter asked for passports and past and current EAD cards and Advance Parole documents. Gave it to her. She asked me to sign for the green cards, stamped the passport and gave back the passport immediately. Hope this helps answer your question.

Contact your lawyer to ask about AC21 before you switch jobs. I am certain you guys can afford about $100 before you make a crucial decision