Anybody got interim EAD

fikabir

Registered Users (C)
My EAD will expire on Nov 29'02. I applied for renewal on August 16 and not yet approved. I went for interim EAD to Arlington after 90 days, but they said they can't give interim EAD since VSC already processing your file. I got RFE for EAD (picture) and INs received RFE response on Oct 05.

I have to submit EAD to payroll office before Nov 29. It's clearly mentioned in the EAD instruction that i can get interim EAD if it is not adjudicated after 90 days.

Now what option I have?

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Gchello,

Thanks for your reply. I called INS VSC twice, everytime they said wait for another 10 days. But nothing happen in 10 days.

I'm going to try for interim EAD tomorrow to Norfolk INS office. But my question why they deny to give interim EAD.

I wonder why they deny. As per published rules, they can issue you interim EAD.

You still have some time (really tense!) and hopefully you should get renewed EAD soon.

I wonder whether it is a safe option to go on unpaid leave until EAD arrives physically. This is just in case if nothing works out.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Jigesh, thanks for your input

I talked to the University payroll office, the lady said they will terminate me if I'm unable to show them EAD.

Even I get approval next week, i may not receive actual card by mail before Nov 27, since university office will be closed from Nov 27.

I'm taking all published rules to the INS for interim EAD.

The sane reason I could see

the only sane reason why local INS can deny is, that you have a RFE on your EAD. So, I guess that will make the case "being processed by INS". Once you submit reply for RFE, may be you can aprroach them again. As per local INS here where I live, after 90 days they will issue the interim EAD. So try your luck again. They should issue.

July 16,

I applied for my daughters EAD in Arlington INS a month ago and no news yet.
thanks.

canvrgtitright,

I replied RFE long ago and INS received it on Oct 5. May be the officer thought that I have still 15 days to expire EAD. But now I have one week to get it. I'll try it tomorrow.

thanks for your reply.

fikabir, sorry to hear your ead nightmare. one thing i can think about the 90 day time is that it was adjudicated within 90 days and you got the RFE. the local INS office will normally issue temp EAD if you do not hear from VSC at all. i guess that is what canvrgtitright was trying to say.

anyway, i am surprised that arlington office did not accept your application. good luck to you for norfolk office. i hav enever been to the norfolk office. please do post your experience.

I think Bobby was right. The 90 days rule applies if the case has not been adjudicated by a Service Center. In your case, they have adjudicated and taken actions (issuing RFE, etc). It does make sense to me that the local INS declined issuing an interim EAD.

Got interim EAD

I got interim EAD from Norfolk (VA) office in the same day. They are very fast for making card. The officer didn't ask anything, just took the receipt notice and prepared card. The interim EAD is valid for 240 days.

Thank you guys for your suggestions and help.

Good for you Fikabir, congrats. I was planning to go to Arlington myself for new EAD before 90 days pending at VSC but may now try another smaller place.

I guess the "90 days" wording is just an eye wash. It is sucks.

I had a problem even to get the first time EAD card.
After 90 days, i read the so called rules and went for a Interim EAD card and they said since my EAD case is process they cannot do anything. Bull... Finally I got my EAD after 7 f months.

At the local INS office they talk and through you away as if we have lepracy. Go, go go go... we can't help....

I know this does not help you but just wanted to share my painful experience.

First time Arlington INS said we can't give interim EAD since vermont is already processing your case. Then I said it's emergency, and he asked me to show the emergency letter. Second time, Norfolk didn't ask nothing and i guess it depends upon person to person.

But i believe if you show the rules they should give it. The rules for interim EAD is very clear.

Fikabir..

Good that the matter is resolved, at least for now. Hope you will get your extended EAD soon. Keep us posted with developments regarding your interview.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Thanks Jigesh

I hope i'll get regular EAD by this time.

Last time i asked IIO in Arlington for interview schedule, he said early of the next year (i.e. 6 months). If that's the case then it's not that bad. But I'm affraid it'll take longer.

Congrats!!! fikabir

Thats great news. Which receipt you have taken, EAD renewal receipt. We have filed at local office, still we have not got the receipt. They have given small receipt towards the money we have paid. Did u went to local Ins Office, for this, We are planning to go there on Monday.

CamSreeni,

I filed at VSC and i went to the local INS office with EAD renewal receopt notice, which was issued from VSC. After 90 days of RD, they issue interim EAD.