Anybody got Interim EAD in Atlanta

fundoo

Registered Users (C)
My EAD approved, but lost iin mail...I want to get interim EAD...
What documents needed....

fundoo....

You can apply for a replacement EAD. There is a form in the INS office where you can apply for an interim/replacement EAD. In fact in that form you can check that your EAD has been lost. AT the local INS office they will be able to access your records based on your A# and if they are satisfied that it has been a "substantial time" since your EAD was sent out and you are not in receipt of it, you should get a replacement EAD. This is based on my discussion with the local INS at my place. I am not sure if it varies from one place to the other.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
seebeekay

No Title

Seebeekey,

but can we continue working till we received the reniewd EAD card...
Mine will expire in march (1st) and I have not received the new one....
so if I cannot take the Interim/Replacement till the time has passed....
How do I continue working ????

Please advice...

Since the EAD is approved , it should be ok

If you are sure that your EAD was approved, then when you go and get the interim EAD you can request them to give it retroactively. If your current EAD is still valid, this is the best time to visit the local or district INS office to get the interim EAD, so that your employment had valid authorization.

Totally agree with jaxen

I think you should go to the local INS ASAP and ask them to give you a retroactive EAD. They do have access to your records and if they see that your EAD is approved, they will have no problem in giving you a interim EAD. Also, find out if you need to apply for a replacement EAD from TSC inspite of getting an interim one from the local office. My understanding is that they waive the fee on these.

If you are continuing employment with the same employer I doubt there will be a problem, since you are approved but just cannot offer proof.

Hope that helps.

Regards
seebeekay