Anybody got IEAD from Wahington DC district office.

Hi all,
I went to Norfolk ins office to get the Interm ead, day before yesterday. There were only few people(fikabir you are right). I went at 10 am. But after a wait of 1.3 hours, The officer called my number and saw the address and told me that i am from different jurisdiction. She told me to attend the arlington office.

The next day i went to arlington office at early morning at 5am. I was the first one in the line. Saw the officer at 7.50am.The officer took my I765 copy, I485 copy and virginia id(id was returned back). I was expecting the card the same day. She gave me an appointment on 12 March . I kind of lost my heart there. Since I live 100 miles south from Washington(Central virginia), I have to make one more trip.
I hope my ead card will be approved by that time from my ever slowing Texas service center.

Norfolk office is issueing the same day ead cards(but for only who attend on wednesday. She told me they run the machine only on Wednesday). Hope this helps somebody.

SRM,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the IEAD. I forgot to tell you that you have to go on Wednesday. I went there on Wednesday. Also, I went to Arlington office several times for EAD and they gave us apointment by 14 days, probably that is the standard for Arlington. I wondered they gave you apointment after 3 weeks.

Anyway, I drove 260 miles to go to Arlington office and started driving at 2:30am to reach there before 8am.

Fikabir,
You said you drove 250 miles to arlington, which part of VA or nearby state you are living?. I wonder why Norfolk people rejected me (for being not in their jurisdiction?). How could you secure the ead at Norfolk office?

SRM,

I live in Blacksburg (Virginia Tech), southwest of Virginia, near roanoke. Norfolk office gave me IEAD in the same day, didn't ask any question but i went there on Wednesday. I got lot of trouble getting EAD renewal for my wife, and also EAD for my daughter from Arlington. I drove 4 times to Arlington in the last month.

Hey fikabir I live in B'burg Va myself.
What a coincidence! When I read about your 260 mile drive I was pretty sure you lived somewhere nearby.
Good to know someone who lives in this little itty bitty town in the middle of nowhere.
Aryana.

GeeCee Saga,

Happy to hear that you are from Blacksburg. Email me your phone # (firozk@vt.edu) so that we can keep in touch. Anyway, I'm from Bangladesh and working in VA Tech.

fikabir,
Visiting 4 times that too driving 250 miles and that too to INS office is painstaking. Good luck for you and everybody in this forum.