Anybody got IEAD from Wahington DC district office.

SRM

Registered Users (C)
Hi , Is there anybody who got IEAD from Washington. 90 days will be over on feb 18th 03 from my filing date. I have applied in TSC but staying in Virginia. Folks please let me know what documents should i take and which office should i attend?

I got interime EAD from Norfolk, VA office in the same day. But I went to Arlington office one day before 90 days but I didn't get it. Did you hear anything from TSC? If not then I think you can get it from Arlington office. They need your EAD receipt notice and filled-up I-765 form.

Hi Fikabir,
Thank you for your reply. Which one do you think is better to deal without any problems. Arlington or Norfolk. I did not call any IIO in TSC. Do you think one who filed in TSC cannont get IEAD from Vermont service center?. The processing in the receipt says it is taking 60 to 90 for this kind of case.

RD 11/13/02
ND 11/18/02.
PD 04/23/01

SRM,

I got my EAD renewal card from Arlington office today. Mine was a different case tho, I have applied for my EAD renewal at Arlington on Jan. 8th.

I got the approval last week and they have given an appointment for today at noon. I just walked in.. they have asked for the residency proof, (that i either live in VA or DC, they want Driver's license or a utility bill with your name and virginia address). They took a photograph and gave me the card in 2 minutes...

No harm in trying for a walk in after 90 days after applying for renewal, with a proof of you living in VA.

Hope that helps.. and good luck!

Hi GC_Moongerer,
Have you applied for renewal at arlington office?. Not in Vermont sercice center? or after finishing 90 days at Vermont center,you applied Arlington office on jan 8th. Can you please give the details so i can prepare for that. Mine is the first time Ead. Yours is renewal. Is that the only difference between us. Let me know please.

GC_mongerer

I also want to know if you applied at VSC first,
then went to arlington after 90 days. I went to
arlington to apply the renewal directly, but
they won't accept it, instead, they asked me
to mail it. (my case is a little complicated since
my 485 being transfered to arlington for interview).
my check has not being cashed yet.

thanks.

SRM,

I thought you were talking about renewal of EAD. I would suggest to speak with an IIO regarding your case and take their advise.

va_transfer,
I have applied in VSC first. I did not get any Notice date (in other words no EAC# was allotted for about 50 days.. ) then i went to Arlington with the tracking receipt that my application has reached VSC on Nov. 13th. I have talked to diff. IIO's several times regarding my application but they couldnt help me as my application for renewal was not entered in their system. I assumed it got lost..and thats what I mentioned to IIO at Arlington. I have asked for same day EAD as mine was expiring on 17th Jan. He spoke to his supervisor and told me that they cant issue as EAD the same day as my case hasnt been in the system yet and all he can do is accept my EAD renewal application. So, thats about it.

Hope that helps.. Good luck!

My I-485 is also transferred to Arlington. Initially, I applied for EAD at VSC and they transferred my EAD application to Arlington too. I got my Wife's and kid's EAD directly from Arlington. Probably, Arlington does not issue same day EAD. In my daugheter case, i didn't get any receipt notice from Arlington INS office even after two months, then i showed them copy of the check cashed by INS and they give the EAD appointment. But Norfolk INS issue same day interim EAD.

GC_mongerer: my EAD and H1-B premium processing

Hi GC_mongerer.. Do you remember that I told about my experience in Arlington INS for my EAD last week. I went again this week and told them that my company will take me out of payroll if i don't get the EAD renewed before 31st Jan. IIO said there is no way they can issue EAD unless it's 90 days past. Then I pleaded if I could talk to the supervisor and tell the situation. IIO allowed and I explained my things to the supervisor. She said, if i could bring a letter from my company saying that I would be taken out of payroll if EAD is not renewed, they could issue interim EAD. In the meantime my company proceeded to apply for H1-B under premium processing. You know what happened yesterday??. My H1-B premium processing got approved in the morning. And in the evening, my EAD renewal applied to Vermont, INS got approved. God is Great. What a day!!!. So I am safe now. Thanks very much for your replies to my questions.

Hi fikabir,
I am planning to attend the Norfolk Ins office. Can you give me the Norfolk Ins office phone no/contact no please if you have one. Also can you tell me what time should i be there .

Thank you,

Norfolk , VA INS office contact no wanted

Anybody got Norfolk, Virginia INS office phone no?. Appreciate if somebody lets me know.

SRM,

I had one phone # for Norfolk office, but that is not for the public. I called once to that # but the officer said this is not for public and didn't provide any information. You have to go by person and not many people up there. You don't have be in the line and you can go anytime during the office hour.

Phone # is at my home, and i'll give in the evening.

thanks fikabir,
I am planning to attend on 19th February.
I wish you all the best and wish, you will get approval with out any problems asap.

SRM let me know what happens. My husband's EAD has been applied for since the last 2 months and we haven't even got a reciept no. if you can manage to get same day interim EAD, I will also ask him to go to Norfolk office once the third month is up. His EAD is also expiring in March.
Keep us posted will you.

Sure!! I will post my exp after i attend the Norfolk office. I am planning to attend the Norfolk office on 20th feb.

Congrats Morgan!

Morgan60,

Hearty Congratulations for your EAD renewal, thats a good sign of things to come i hope ;)

Thanks GC_mongerer

Yeah..that's true. By GOD's Grace we all should soon get our GC approved. Good Luck.

Hi Fikabir,

I am planning to attend the norfolk office next tuesday. Do i have to take original I765 receipt or copy is ok. Also do i have to fill the
I765 form before i go to the norfolk center or i can fill it there itself?. Your response is appreciated

Originally posted by fikabir
I got interime EAD from Norfolk, VA office in the same day. But I went to Arlington office one day before 90 days but I didn't get it. Did you hear anything from TSC? If not then I think you can get it from Arlington office. They need your EAD receipt notice and filled-up I-765 form.

SRM,

I took original EAD receipt notice, but I believe copy should work. They need filled up I765 form, you can do it before you meet IIO. In that way you can save time, and it would be easy for you. Just print the form from INS website and hand writting is ok. You can go any time during office hour, but I suggest you to go in the morning.