Anybody got approved with expired FP1?

parth_01945

Registered Users (C)
Anyone got I-485 approved with expired FP1?

Hi Folks,
My FP1 has expired on 8/22 and I mailed RFE documents to USCIS on 8/23. I was wondering if anybody got I-485 approved even after FP1 expired.

What should I expect...??

Category- EB3
I-485 -RD- 3/2003
FP1- 5/2003
I-140 approved-3/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
FP2 or approval

I got a FP2 in my case after sending RFE docs although in my case its been 17 months of expiry of FP1.

I have read (unconfirmed of course)reposts in this forum that there is a 15 day leeaway after the 15 month expiry, so if an officer picks up your RFE response within the next few days, u may scrape thru w/o a FP2.

keep praying,

c_rahul said:
I got a FP2 in my case after sending RFE docs although in my case its been 17 months of expiry of FP1.

I have read (unconfirmed of course)reposts in this forum that there is a 15 day leeaway after the 15 month expiry, so if an officer picks up your RFE response within the next few days, u may scrape thru w/o a FP2.

keep praying,

My German colleague got approvals last week for both him and his wife. He only had his first FP in May of 2002. No 2FP. He actually was worried a little bit about no 2FP notice a month ago. His ND was in April of 2002.

Do you still remember me? Our FP was the same day. We sent RFE before FP expired. They recieved on Aug 10th. They haven't done anything for us yet. I guess we need to wait for 2nd FP.

parth_01945 said:
Hi Folks,
My FP1 has expired on 8/22 and I mailed RFE documents to USCIS on 8/23. I was wondering if anybody got I-485 approved even after FP1 expired.

What should I expect...??

I think we are on the edge of both options..
1. We may get FP2
2. We may get approval since for FP notices USCIS pays. They try not to repeat this process...

Let's see what happens..

Keep In touch

Mine..too hopefully.
I did contact my congresswoman hope to trigger a FP2, but USCIS response with the same stuffs saying they are still process july, 12 2002 case :confused: (where have they been???) and will issue FP2 when needed. Anyway. the wait will go on and hopefully soon to hear something.

Good luck to all of us.