Anybody got 2nd FP recently for Newark ?

Edison_NJ

Registered Users (C)
I did my first FP on 04/24/2002 and received by BCIS on 04/26/2003 and so my FP expired on 07/26/2003. I am waiting for 2nd FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Nothing after BCIS received my RFE response on 7/7. I am stymmied about why the bloke didn't think to process my case before 7/26, when my FP expired. I initiated an enquiry on 7/26. No word so far about that either. These guys have us down for pushovers!

Originally posted by Edison_NJ
I did my first FP on 04/24/2002 and received by BCIS on 04/26/2003 and so my FP expired on 07/26/2003. I am waiting for 2nd FP.

Thanks for your response.

My lawyer initiated a status inquiry during the third week of June 2003 but of no use.
My Senator (Jon Corzine) also initiated a status inquiry on 07/28/2003 and so far no response from BCIS to Senator's office.

Edison_NJ,

Check with your lawyer. I received my 2nd FP notice late July. My 1st FP was received by BCIS on 4/24/02. Please note only lawyer received the notice this time and not me!

---Compaqdb

Hi,
I got my 2nd FP on 08/09/03 at INS Newark, although the notice dated on 07/23/2003, and 2nd FP scheduled on 09/06/03. I just couldn't wait that long, so I went there earlier and lucky enough to have it done earlier.

RD 11/13/01
ND 12/06/01
1FP 04/06/02
RFE 5/13/03
RFE RD 06/10/03
2FP 08/09/03
AD ....???

Enquiry Update:

Just the same old template answer: "Your case is pending Service consideration...blah blah..." Maybe we should write to the editors of a few leading newspaper publications across the nation about the lack of accountability in the new DHS.
Security is one thing but effective and efficient execution of task is another. As a service organization, both of these factors should top their priorities. Besides, they are also getting paid from tax payer's money and should be held responsible for timely action on cases pending with their service centers. Their argument of backlog simply does not hold because they initiated several new programs, apparently, without proper consideration to the volume of work generated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Wheresmahgreen,

This should be published in newspaper. There is no point in writing to BCIS.

ppp234ny, was it crowded when you went for 2nd FP on a saturday ?
I would like to go for 2nd FP on a saturday as soon as I receive the notice.

Remember that it was renamed BCIS (Bureau of XYX) from INS (Immigration and Naturalization Servie) to remind the employees that it is not a Service anymore, but a Bureau(cracy). Hence they are backlogging the paperwork..