Anybody for interview at Montreal in April'06?

cdn69

Registered Users (C)
My status is current now and I am hoping for interview in April in Montreal? Anybody in the same boat in the forum?

Thx.

- AJ

Interview in Montreal

have my case completed by NVC on March 21,2006. Can anybody guess when would be my interview in Montreal?

Last edited by a moderator:
rez30 said:
have my case completed by NVC on March 21,2006. Can anybody guess when would be my interview in Montreal?

Depends, when was ur application filing date? The next stage is when your case becomes current. You can check in the visa bulletin.

retrogression and cross-chargeability

Hello:

I am EB2/India-born, but am trying to avail of cross-chargeability due to my wife who was not born in India. I have applied for consular processing in Montreal.

When I called the NVC, they said that my case was completed on March 7th and I was asked to wait for 8 weeks (automated response). However for the last couple of days, the automated system forwards my call to a live operator. The operator told me that an interview date has not yet been assigned for me.

My questions are:

1) By when can I expect an interview? EB2 - ROW is current

2) Do I have to do anything to let them know that I want to avail of cross-chargeability? I am a bit worried that my application might just sit there at the NVC. I am hoping that my lawyer would have done the needful.

I need to move to the US in August for a job and my employers have not done any H1 processing yet (though I do not fall under the H1 cap)
Any ideas/suggestions/explanations will be greatly appreciated.

Oh_Canada said:
Hello:

I am EB2/India-born, but am trying to avail of cross-chargeability due to my wife who was not born in India. I have applied for consular processing in Montreal.

When I called the NVC, they said that my case was completed on March 7th and I was asked to wait for 8 weeks (automated response). However for the last couple of days, the automated system forwards my call to a live operator. The operator told me that an interview date has not yet been assigned for me.

My questions are:

1) By when can I expect an interview? EB2 - ROW is current

2) Do I have to do anything to let them know that I want to avail of cross-chargeability? I am a bit worried that my application might just sit there at the NVC. I am hoping that my lawyer would have done the needful.

I need to move to the US in August for a job and my employers have not done any H1 processing yet (though I do not fall under the H1 cap)
Any ideas/suggestions/explanations will be greatly appreciated.

If your status is current, then u should be able to get ur interview date pretty quickly, generally within 4 weeks. when I called the NVC, they gave me my interview date at Montreal. NVC operator should be the best people to answer. Ask them!

RE: retrogression and cross-chargeability

Begining of month every month NVC sets interview for Montreal for the following month. If you call NVC later part of next week or the following week, you will most likely know about your interview date sometime in May. Be sure to keep us posting. Specially your interview experience.

Thanks guys.

I called the NVC and found out that my appointment was set for May 8th.

One question I had was about the pages in passport.
My wife's passport has only 1-2 pages blank. Do you think we should get additional pages added to the passport? She is traveling now and time is really tight.

Hello Oh_Canada,

Glad to hear your interview date. My guess was correct. Did you get it from automated recording or did you had to talk to an operator?

I think if you have only one blank page at the time of interview that would be enough. Just make sure when entering Canada; if they have to stamp on the passport, they leave at least one page completely blank.

----------------------------------
My timeline so far:
Case is current
Currently on L1 A from Canada
Oct 12 '05 I-140 approved
Nov 30 '05 I-824 approved
Dec 16 '05 File reached at NVC
Dec 19 '05 File# created at NVC MTL ###
Dec 26 Fee recpt generated at NVC
Jan 6 Fee sent to NVC
Feb 2 send DS230 to NVC
March 21 case completed
waiting for interview in Montreal
Anybody else's Montreal experience would be greatly appreciated.

your interview experience

SAB_CP said:
MTL Interview date for 04/25

Please share your interview experience with us. Also if you have any advice for us in line for the journey that you have just completed.