Anybody did code 2 FP still waiting I485 approval???

Hi IBELIEVE

I think you should get a decision soon, these guys may have something on his screen which we couldn't see. there are two possibilities here I guess:(1) CIS will sent out Code 2 Biometrics Appointment after name check is done (I really dont know what is the tigger for Biometrics); Second, your name check has been done, he can saw it back. If you have a way to verify your name check status. Any way, just a guess, good luck!

Just Talk to Customer representive

Hi, IBELIEVE
I just talk to an customer representive over the phone, basically, I have the same problem as yours. The answer to the question regarding the Biometrics Appointment is very positive. He said it is very good sign towards I-485 approval. Hopefully, it indicates the name check is over and CIS is preparing for the final approval. Am I too optimestic?

myang1969, It is hard to say. Those customer service people really don't know much more than we do. They might have received many calls from guys who got their approvals before receiving code 2 notice, they might got impression from these guys that code 2 was just around approval. It might not be. It might be that they have everything cleared for approval but waiting for name check. Although I haven't heard anything since my inquiry, it is more and more obvious I am stuck in name check. What else could be?

FYI
code 1 = index finger print and signature
code 2 = code1 + photo
code 3 = code1+code2+finger prints of 10 fingers

IBELIEVE
Since you already pass that processing data, so your case should be more close to get approval since they have to clear 2003 I-485 case. I believe if you keep pushing, you will get a answer soon. Do you use any congress aid?

Ibelieve
I'm in the same boat. Mine EB2 and ND is sep 22 2003. Your's is sep 10 2003. I have the same feeling that our cases might be struck in the name check. I dropped an email but so far no reply from them. My LUD changed yesterday after code 2 biometric. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and let's see what is going to happen.

I do not beleive this Custoemr service people. Its outsoruced to some company in US and they have offices in Kansas and other places. If they think that they can not answer then they will transfer. So we are far better than these Customer service.

I will wait another one week then I will approach my local senator office. I got my 140 only after approaching thru their office. See my signature for details.

plastic_card and micahel1008, I haven't contacted with law makers yet. I am still waiting for written notice from USCIS about my case. My online message did changed to " reponded to your request ..." couple days ago since I made inquiry two weeks back. As what I have read from this forum, it seems the congressman/senator doesn't help much if our cases are stuck in name check. But I will contact them once I get the notice from USCIS to let them know our pain and struggle in this mess. I think continuing contact with law makers is not only good for us also for people after us. This is the country that voice can be heard in some way. Good luck to all of us!

code-2 done in June, "code-1"biometrics again

I have done code-2 biometrics on June 1st, 2005. My name check has been finished in 2004. Since my fingers has some cracks, I have done FP (code 1) twice but was not cleared becuase of printing quality. I got clearance letter from local police departments, and mailed them. Recently, I have contact congressman to make inquiry.

Today --July 21, I received another notice:
"To process your application, the USCIS must capture your biometrics", but it is another "code 1" (the difference is that it doesn't way "we need to obtain your FP for FBI background check").
Do you guys have some ideas what is going on? DO they need it to be cleared by FBI? or they need to do something for my approval?

Thanks!

RD: Apr 2003

Hi,

I got a query & recently replied also, finished 2nd FP Nov 2004.
1st FP May 2003.

RD: Apr 2003.

Same query for both my wife and mine (additional proof required for birth certificates).

Also my status updated on July 20th saying received the information.

Waiting eagerly to get the approval.

Biometrics Code 2 Appt

I-485 RD May 2005 for self and two kids; wife June 2005.

FP (code 1) done in July 2004. After that message kept saying FP received and pending review. Suddenly we got code 2 biometrics notices yesterday for all four of us.

First I thought it may be a good sign; however, reading the posts my excitement just came tumbling down, because there apperas to be no correlation between approval and code 2.

My case is under EB OR; I-140 approved ages ago.

Good luck to all of us - the waiters.

Shamal

Waiting.. Need some input

EB3 (non-retro)
I-485 RD Apr 3, 2003
1st FP: May, 2003
2nd FP: Nov 30, 2004
RFE Replied : Jul 20,2005

Do I need to follow up with CIS any? NSC report shows 12/1/2003. What should I Do?

ssamudrala said:
EB3 (non-retro)
I-485 RD Apr 3, 2003
1st FP: May, 2003
2nd FP: Nov 30, 2004
RFE Replied : Jul 20,2005

Do I need to follow up with CIS any? NSC report shows 12/1/2003. What should I Do?
Wait till October then make an inquire. Currently visa numbers are unavailable for all EB3 (except Schedule A).

codes said:
FYI
code 1 = index finger print and signature
code 2 = code1 + photo
code 3 = code1+code2+finger prints of 10 fingers

Last year before my EAD approval I went for FP where they finger printed all 10 digits. But the FP notice had no code mentioned. But they didnt take any photos. Now the 2nd FP notice says Code 2. I'm confused as to what code the FPs I took last year would fall under?

The correct code interpretation should be:

code 1: 10 fingers ( #if available, no more than 11#);

code 2: index finger + digital signature + digital photo (# have to say cheese when taking the picture since it will show on you GC #);

Code 3: (code 1 + code 2) - index finger.