anybody approved after CIA/FBI check after interview

andrew77

Registered Users (C)
hi,

my wife went for interview on Dec 03 2002 at the newark ins.after the interview she was told, after the FBI/CIA check she will get the approval letter in 4 weeks.but now it is almost 6 months.she didnt get the approval yet.anybody knows what is happening or how long it takes?

thanks

andrew

this new FBI check has created significant delay for many people. the problem is there is no way to inquire what went wrong.

andrew, you're not alone. i've waited 7+ months since last nov. my case was sent to fbi after 4 months delay at local office (god knows why), and now another 3 months passed, and god knows how much longer it could be. my lawyers told me a few other his cases are in the same situation. gov. spent tons of tax payer's $$$ for this poor system.

Hi guys..

Interview done on the 4th of March. I asked my lawyer to follow up and he met the officer at the Baltimore office and it seems the officer gave an impression that she felt bad since it has been sitting there for a long time now and told him that she will process it soon. But god know when ?

HK2001 please give an update as soon as you get it.

Kanthus

quite interesting. now it looks like we're in the exact same boat. how does she look like(name?)? maybe we met the same officer.

hi hk2001
how did you know that your case was sent to FBI after sitting at the local INS office for 4 months.is there any way i can find out weather my wife's case is still at the local ins or it has been sent to the FBI for check.please let me know.,

thanks

andrew

you have to walk in the local office and ask for details. be prepared for 2+ hours waiting in line.

hk2001

give me your email address then I will send the name of the officer, may be it is not appropriate to mention name on this group.

I'm also waitting for approval, my case is pending on this Cia check. My interview was on January 9, 2003 in Newark (NJ).

Malda

Yes, my wife got approved. She received the letter on Friday, 05/30/03.
She was interviewed at the end of March in San jose. The officer was very nice and told her that he would send the approval letter as soon as he gets the security clearance.

I'm writing just to share information which might help others.

Thanks

this seems to confirm the 60 days "callup period" (from BCIS orders the FBI check to BCIS check the status of the FBI check) that IIO told me over the phone last week.

however, some people's case (hk2001?) has taken much longer than that. it could be the check did not complete in the 60 days, or the FBI check was not actually ordered.

lifer, thanks for your input. if this 60days estimate is true, then my case is overdue for almost 30days(it was sent on 3/5/2003 as i checked at local office, after 5 months NO-REASON-NO-EXPLANATION-NO-SORRY delay). from another post i read some officers say 2-3 months period is normal. anyway i decide to check at local again this friday.

hk2001,

the 5 months delay was brutal. hope this is not the normal practice. I wonder whether the delay was caused by people at the local office, rather than people at VSC.

Best of wishes for the incoming Friday visit to the local office. Greencard seems to have become your part time job.

lifer, yes, i think vsc has better track/control over cases, and i think they cooperate with fbi better. i agree that different officers can make your life a lot different(had enough headaches/frustration/time wasted), if not upside down.

yes, going to local is part of my job, only the money losing part, i have to take personal leave for it.