Any way to find out whether Name/Security checks are cleared ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering whether people here know a way to find out whether your security/name checks are cleared, once I-485 PD and processing times are current ?

I guess the fastest and the most reliable way would be to schedule infopass appointment and talk to an immigration officer

Congrats

Congrats on having the hope of recieveing your decision within 60 days.
Right now, I am NIW EB2 India and would gladly take a decision up or down now so I can move on with my life. I used to care which way it went, now I just wish for a decision.
I doubt there is much to be worried about the FBI checks for you. My understanding is they do not resume processing on your case while it is still in name check, so you should be getting the good news pretty soon.
Best wishes.

Thanks, Posmd.
I wish you were right. I have been hearing multiple sad stories from people who got such '60 days' notification, then all of sudden upon inquiring they receive another 180 days notification and finally an infinite notification. I am fed up with all this. If this thing doesn't get resolved by November 12th, as soon as I finish some professional development plans I will fire resumes and trigger AC21.

posmd said:
Congrats on having the hope of recieveing your decision within 60 days.
Right now, I am NIW EB2 India and would gladly take a decision up or down now so I can move on with my life. I used to care which way it went, now I just wish for a decision.
I doubt there is much to be worried about the FBI checks for you. My understanding is they do not resume processing on your case while it is still in name check, so you should be getting the good news pretty soon.
Best wishes.

marlon....i have seen some amazing things in TSC.....one guys 485 got approved in 4 weeks......and couple more in 2-3 months.....but as you know uscis is great.........we maybe stuck for years due to the name check..

If I don't hear anything positive by November 12th, I will schedule infopass and visit an immigration officer then.

techy2468 said:
marlon....i have seen some amazing things in TSC.....one guys 485 got approved in 4 weeks......and couple more in 2-3 months.....but as you know uscis is great.........we maybe stuck for years due to the name check..

Namecheck

marlon2006 said:
If I don't hear anything positive by November 12th, I will schedule infopass and visit an immigration officer then.

marlon,

Its a little to early to conclude that your case is stuck in some sort of security check (name check or background check). Setting up an infopass appointment is a great idea. You should do it as planned. If you are unable to get a satisfactory response through the infopass then it will be time to escalate this matter to a congressman. A congressional inquiry will most defenitely inform you of the current status. Depending on the helpfulness of the congressman and his staff, they may be able to speed things up a bit. I have known people to be successful through congressional inquiries. Either way sit tight for a few more weeks and then start the process of getting more updates. In all likelihood you will be approved before any of this happens.

cheers,

saras

Marlon,

Please post progress of your case here. My PD is very close to yours (May2002) and it just got current in the Nov bulletin and I am also wondering about the security check traps.

Also can somebody confirm that Nov bulletin is good from 1st to 30th of Nov. I have to file my wife's I-485 and It might take till end of November to get everything together.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one thing to know if your name check is cleared after being stuck ... but how do you know if your case got stuck in name check in the first place?