• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any way to expedite fingerprinting ?

dv2005

Registered Users (C)
All, I made my fingerprinting appointment and I got it for sometime in early september ... is there anyway to expedite and get an earlier appointment ... if I go for fingerprinting in september then I think my hopes of getting the green card are as good as gone ...since that hardly gives me any time afterwards.. I will appreciate any ideas that you may have

Call them early in the morning.

Try to call several times. Second time I called the assisstant she offered an earlier appointment in another center (not the one closest to the place I live). If you happen to get an assisstant who says it is not possible to get an earlier appointment or one that is not in the closest center try again. It worked for me it might work for you. Good luck. Vermedve

Both my wife and I just walked-in (separate days) about 3 weeks ahead of our scheduled dates and they allowed both of us to get early fingerprinting right there and then, and that could end up being the difference between us getting our cards or not, we'll see. However I think the follwing is important:

- go when the ASC is quiet. Avoid the mornings (esp. Saturdays) as the supervisor is less likely to accept walk-ins when it's busy. The first time we went together on a Sat. morning and the place was packed, so he gave us our marching orders. I decided to go back the next week on my own (lucky he did'nt remember me) on a Thurday afternoon at about 2.30 pm. There were only a few people there and I was done in 20 mins. My wife went to next week, same time and she was done in 10.
- have all you paperwork handy i.e. your letter, original conf. number and ID
- be prepared to tell a good story :) and don't sound too desperate
- offer to come back the next day if they can't squeeze you in

I think going when it's quiet is the key. These are just my experiences, take them for what you will and good luck trying. I know it's a stressfull time for everyone.

some ASC allow walk-ins, some don't. ATL doesn't, so I kept calling every day getting earlier appointments.