Any USC's out there applying for the CR-1 visa to bring their spouse to the U.S.?

Krieger71

Registered Users (C)
Looking to compare experiences and details with a USC applying for a CR-1 visa to bring thier spouse to the US.

USC married Brazilian

Krieger71 said:
Looking to compare experiences and details with a USC applying for a CR-1 visa to bring thier spouse to the US.
I married my wife in Brazil on 8/25/05

I have submitted I-864 and Visa Application.

Now I am waiting.

I think it is going to take at least a year total to get her here. We are waiting for the interview letter now. At the time we got married, we thought that the Brazil consulate was going to handle the visa application, and that it would take about 3 months. When we went to the consulate after our marriage, they informed us that they had just got a memo that we had to apply in the US.

When I got back, I found that it was going to take about a year. It has been tough, but will be worth it.

They really need to find a way to let the spouse into the US immediately after the marriage, and then we could be together during this entire process.

Being apart during the first year of marriage is tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken27 said:
They really need to find a way to let the spouse into the US immediately after the marriage, and then we could be together during this entire process.

Being apart during the first year of marriage is tough.

Amen to that!
I just paid the I-864 and visa processing bill a little over two weeks ago and still waiting for the next mailing to my lawyers office. How long did it take for them to contact you again after you paid the bill?

Last edited by a moderator: