Any Updates on Virginia LC (Jan 2002)

GC-IS-A-DREAM

Registered Users (C)
Can we start new discussion group for VA Labor. The other one is just getting too long. Please post your messages here

Hope things improve!!!!

I just wanted to let you know that there are lot of RIR applications filed under window of 245(i).I only hope that we can get our labour certification in next six months. Of course I -140 backlog is another story and hope the PDs remain current till our turn comes.

Yes we need a new link. please post the latest approvals from VA DOL

RIR and layoffs

Many companies may have filed for RIR but now with the present economy many of these RIR applications may need to re-advertise the job openings. SESA or DOL is asking many of the BIG companies with major layoffs to advertise these jobs again (eg: CISCO, NORTEL,LUCENT,ORACLE etc..). Also many people who were laid off and could not find a job may have left the country. But in such cases the companies that filed for labor need to withdraw the applications. So in actual many applications that were filed under RIR may no longer be valid... But who knows how SESA is handling this and if they were more organized about this if it would infact speed up the process.....
just a thought though the variables involved in the whole process are too many to predict anything. So prayers and optimism is our only hope :)

Samya