Any updates on Newark, NJ D.O.??

NJ-N400

Registered Users (C)
Waiting for online updates still...my case never showed up on USCIS.gov site...anyone in similar situation as me i.e case not showing online? :confused: anyone received interview calls lately?

Hello,
It's good to see someone else from the Newark DO. I'm at the same point as you waiting for interview. Not to many posts for Newark.

My Stats

Notice date Febuary 19th
FP March 16th
Interview?????

My case has not shown up on line yet. Even if i call the automated service line they have no info about it. From what i've read it might never show up.

Newark DO

I filed my application on May 18, 2005 and this has been received and the case status shows up on line.

Case status shows up online for my app - Newark DO

My case status shows up online. My DO is Newark. The first 3 letters of my Receipt number begins with "ESC", if that helps.

NJ-N400, OCWorker and others :
You have in your signature
"FP Sent to FBI and sent back to USCIS - 4/2/2005" or some such date.

How did you find out that your FP was sent to FBI and then back to USCIS on a certain date? Is there a number that you should call to find out if your FP was cleared? How can one find out that information? Pls share.

Although my case status shows up online it only says something like :
"Your Application was received on *** date. It is taking between 360 and 390 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
I do not see any mention that I was FP-ed or it was sent back from FBI to USCIS, although I was FPed on 7/5. In general, applicants from the Newark DO, do you have any idea how long does it take from FP to interview? Pls share that info. Thanks.

jenimmi said:
NJ-N400, OCWorker and others :
You have in your signature
"FP Sent to FBI and sent back to USCIS - 4/2/2005" or some such date.

How did you find out that your FP was sent to FBI and then back to USCIS on a certain date? Is there a number that you should call to find out if your FP was cleared? How can one find out that information? Pls share.

304 625 5590

Awaiting interview

Still waiting anxiously for the interview day.

After reading the notes on this forum, I decided to send the name check inquiry request to FBI on 06/09/05 via email. No response yet. I was hoping to find out if this has cleared prior to the interview.

Q1) I know Newark does interviews and oaths on the same day. Does anyone know if they make sure that name check is completed prior to scheduling for interview?.

Q2) Does anyone know how long FBI takes to respond to requests like this lately?.

Q3)Does anyone know if the name check is done based on the country?. In otherwords is the name matched against a particular country or all countries?.

Regards

Manoj

Hi,
Same is here with me never did show up at site.
My notice date is 4th March 2005
So after FP nothing has come yet.
FP was done on 30th march 2005.
Please inform if somebody gets information about this time frame.

I hope this is a good sign

I was able to finally add my case number to my portfolio last night. I hope this means I will be getting my interview soon?

Dates
PD 2/19/05
FD 3/16/05
Online ststus appears 8/03/05
Interview ????????????

It finally came

I finally got my interview letter my appointment is for October 13th.
Newark DO

Timeline
PD 2/19/2005
FP 3/16/2005
Online status shows up 8/03/2005
Interview 10/13/2005
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

CONGRATS!!! Looks like Newark DO has approx 8 months turnaround consistently.

------------
Timeline:
PD: 7/11/05
FP : 8/30/05 (scheduled)

Online status update

ziggy176 said:
I was able to finally add my case number to my portfolio last night. I hope this means I will be getting my interview soon?

Dates
PD 2/19/05
FD 3/16/05
Online ststus appears 8/03/05
Interview ????????????

Hi ziggy176, I just got my receipt yesterday and was able to add my case # to my online portfolio right away. The status shows up as "We received your application for naturalization on 07/27/05 ............ it takes between 330 to 360 days to process this type of application". I guess experiences differ from DO to DO. I also noticed that the online status says that the appln was received on 07/27/05, while the receipt states the Receipt Date and Priority Date as 07/21/05. I am not sure why the difference, any thoughts?

Hi,Ziggy,
CONGRATS...Finally the call so now get prepared for interview.
Bye

MY timeline:
PD : 03/04/05
FP done : 03/30/05
Interview : ??

Rajeev Malya said:
Hi,Ziggy,
CONGRATS...Finally the call so now get prepared for interview.
Bye

MY timeline:
PD : 03/04/05
FP done : 03/30/05
Interview : ??

Yes now it's time to study i just hope i remember all of the 13 colinies?
Any news about your Case i know our timelines are almost the same???

Need advice

Ok now that I have my interview letter I’m getting nervous I’m starting to go through all my documentation and anything that I have to bring to INS. My question is this I came to the US when I was a baby 1Yrs old. I never saw my old passport I know my mother lost it when I was very young. I have never gotton a new passport so will I have a problem in my interview with no passport???

Thanks

Congrats!!

Congrats Ziggy My man!!! That was pretty quick..i hope mine and Rajeevs interview notices follow closely behind.Please do keep us updated on the Interview process, what documents you took to interview etc.

Also did you mention any traffic violations in the N-400, did you have any?

Thanks

Thanks NJ
I will definitely post a full report of my interview. I have no traffic tickets I guess I drive to slow. ;)
Have you been able to add you case number to your portfolio? As soon as I did I got my notice about 2 days later.

Timeline
PD 2/19/2005
FP 3/16/2005
Online status shows up 8/03/2005
Recived notice 8/5/2005
Interview 10/13/2005
:D :D :D