Any update on Newark PP Stamping?

upside down

Registered Users (C)
Was there anybody who got PP stamped in Newark, NJ since Wed, 5/15? Or it\'s still asking people to come back in 30 days?

Thanks for sharing your info.

Are there anybody

who just went to Newark office yesterday and today for stamping purpose? Every other INS office seems OK in the same-day PP stamping according to this forum. Is the stamping delay reported by Sher and others just a Newark phenomenon?

Thanks guys

Still same story...

I was there with my wife. They are taking all documents and asking to come back on later date. Not giving any time frame. They returned back our EAD cards and courtesy copy. For some people, they even returned their APs (they took away our APs).

INS Requires background check

Went with my wife to Newark INS to get PP stamped on 5/15. They took copies of Approval notice and EAD. Gave back both and a notice saying:

Efective immidiately the INS now requires that all applications go through a background security check before applicant receives any type of benifit. This is an INS requirement that is nation-wide.

INS will notify you by mail at a later date when to return to this office.

So there you go...it never ends. Stay strong guys.

I Think its only Newark

Philly guys are telling they are getting stamped same day, I am not understanding, Looks like this is only Newark Problem.

Is it true we can choose whatever INS office for stamping?

If so, did anybody have successful PP stamping experience in NYC (is there one) or Phili after 5/15/2002? Do you have their office phone number?