Any theories as to why processing not in FIFO mode?

buba kikabidze

Registered Users (C)
As many other I-485 waiters on this board, I am puzzled by the fact that VSC is giving approvals to June-July\'99 cases while there seem to be plenty of cases with earlier NDs which are "pending", i.e haven\'t even been looked at by adjudicators. The "priority date" theory doesn\'t hold. For example, for my country the priority date is always current. There doesn\'t seem to be any geographical relation in terms of approvals, either...

While I am happy for the folks who got their GCs ahead of me, I am really frustrated with the whole secrecy, lack of transparancy in INS\'s practices. Not to mention the IIOs with their inability or unwillingness to provide any useful information or answer any questions...

In light of all this, does anyone have any theories, have heard any rumours, or can shed some light on why the processing seems to have acquired a completely random pattern? What gives?

No Title

It appears that the approval order has something to do with the date when you started the process which is commonly referred to as ID (even though it may be current for you).

EB1
RD/ND 03/99
PD 10/98 (ID always current)

Still waiting...

No Title

Tapas,
      Just curious that I know a "Tapas Kar" (may be you\'re the one), could you please confirm if your father worked as a high school headmaster around 80s?

No Title

Buba:
As far as I can tell processing is totally random. There is simply no rhyme or reason. There are tons of folks who filed after me who have already got approvals/RFEs. My message only changed yesterday to RFE (RD/ND 4/99). However, I am also aware that there are several folks who filed much before me still waiting without any information. I think because the process is so random, INS refuses to give out any information lest it should lead to legal problems for them.

No Title

I have theory. I checked my number whichends with 51919. The nessage says \'we have recd. your application etc..\', Then I checked 51920 which was approved in 99. Then I started checking 10 numbers to the left and 10 numbers right of my number. All of them got their approvals.

I think INS is treating all the numbers between 51910 to 51930 as approved and they are not opening my case.

Could any one of you check this theory ?

My RD is 99 may 14 and ND is 99 june 4th.EB3 INDIA

No Title

Venkat,
The EAC numbers that you picked randomly might not be I-485 numbers. They could be EADs, for example.