Any Tampa DO People

Hi Everyone,

The Oath ceremony went well yesterday. It started at 8:00am, and finished about 10:30am. There were 500 people participating, and there were going to be another 500 in the afternoon ceremony.
There were people from 65 different Countries being sworn in.

Good luck to everyone

Fantastic News - Excellent you are now finished!

Hi Kwanger, this is great that you passed your interview today...congratulations...and that you are scheduled to take Oath in just few days. I just received my IL and I am scheduled for Sept. 25th in the afternoon. I am not sure if I can make September Oath ceremony. Did the Tampa DO hand you out the Oath letter or what happened? How did your interview go? Any thing you can share from your experience will be great. 2 more months for me to go.... :)

Hi, yes, interview went very well. Had to wait a bit at first, because USCIS had a computer problem first thing, so people who were there before me had to go first. But I got in only half an hour after my appointed time, so no real problem there.

Interview itself very straightforward - officer was very efficient and straightlaced, but a good guy. Went over my N400 app, asked me a couple of questions about trips taken overseas, asked me for my passport, green card and drivers license (only - I had loads of paperwork with me, didn't need it). Asked me 6 questions off the list - answered all correctly. That was it - passed - he said how'd you like to go to the oath ceremony on Monday - I said "Sure would"! - and he said thats great - go and wait in the waiting room and someone will bring an appointment letter to to you - which they did!

So really happy!

If your interview is in Sept, see if you can find out the date of the oath in September. If its after your appointment, chances are, you'll be able to go to that one, even if its next day - they seem to be moving faster now! If not - don't worry - he said to me if I couldn't make the first one, they could arrange another - but I just want to get it over with - unless you really really can't make it, I'd try to get it done as soon as you can and be done with all thise process! Good luck!

Well said Kwanger. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the Oath ceremony. Counting my days...60 days from today.

Attended Oath Ceremony In Tampa

Today I attended the oath ceremony at Tampa Convention Center. It started at 8:00 am and we were all done at 10 O'clock.

There were 520 people from 78 countries for the morning session and I believe about the same number of people for the afternoon ceremony starting at 1:00 pm. They allowed people from afternoon ceremony to attend and take oath with us.

USPS had opened up a stall across the hall and were accepting applications for passports once you get your Citizenship certificate. So for people who have their oath scheduled for a later date, if you want to apply for passport...take all the necessary documents. Also, people from Supervisor of Elections were there if anyone wanted to go ahead and register to vote.

Over all it was a very pleasant and emotional experience.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I attended the oath ceremony at Tampa Convention Center. It started at 8:00 am and we were all done at 10 O'clock.

There were 520 people from 78 countries for the morning session and I believe about the same number of people for the afternoon ceremony starting at 1:00 pm. They allowed people from afternoon ceremony to attend and take oath with us.

USPS had opened up a stall across the hall and were accepting applications for passports once you get your Citizenship certificate. So for people who have their oath scheduled for a later date, if you want to apply for passport...take all the necessary documents. Also, people from Supervisor of Elections were there if anyone wanted to go ahead and register to vote.

Over all it was a very pleasant and emotional experience.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I was there too - albeit the afternoon ceremony! Interview was on Friday 24th of Jul - so just managed to squeeze into this ceremony :)

427 folks getting sworn in the afternoon - proceedings much as you described for the morning, no surprises there. I skipped the passport and voting queues - the lines were looong! Am doing that now on my own time.

But yep, I agree; a great day, I'm really pleased its all over and done with!!

Great to hear those good news guys. By the way, have you guys heard of Oath ceremony for September/October 2008?

Right now the only way you can get any info. about the oath ceremony is to keep checking Tampa Convention Center calender.

I have not heard of Tampa DO arranging oath on the same day of the interview or at a different location other than TCC. I might be entirely wrong.

Hi Saroj, like you said your case is a bit different since you had address change and stuff so that may be the reason. Otherwise, it seems like along with myself and other from Tampa area who filed N400 after April 1 2008 have already received ILs and been scheduled for interview. So, no worries, your is on the way!!

Yes 2BUSCTZN,

you are absolutely right? we went West Palm Beach for interview other day as per their letter. But the IO said, they cann't do the interview there and has to send to Tampa. She mentioned that she will send to tampa. We are worry that how long it will take??

Please advice.