Any suggestions please: should I worry about my passport book or just wait till Monday?

dakota2011

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

The information provided in state.gov e-mail and my current online passport application status do not match. I was wondering if something happened to my sweet honey passport book. Here is my passport application timeline.

** Almost 2 weeks ago, I did apply for both passport card and passport book. I did sent my Naturalization Certificate with the application. Expedite Service & Overnight Delivery.

** August 23 -- E-mail from state.gov : We have finished processing your passport, and it has been printed. Your passport application locator number is ..... You paid for overnight delivery. .This means you should receive your passport on or about 08/24/2011

** August 25 -- Received Naturalization Certificate : Everything is OK. Document is still in good condition. :p

** August 26 -- Received Passport Card : I was like "OK, Where is the passport book!?!"

** August 26 -- Checked online status from website: Your passport application is in the final processing stages. Your passport application locator number is ....... When you applied, you requested Expedite Service. This means your passport should be mailed via overnight delivery on or about 08/25/2011.

Should I wait a couple of more days for the passport book or start bugging 1-800 number and state.gov e-mail? :)

Thanks,
dakota2011 :eek:

Wait a few more days. Passport bok, passpotr card and naturalization certificate - all are mailed separately.

... my sweet honey passport book.
Whilst it is one of the best travel documents in the world, the US biometric passport book has a very low quality and poorly designed aesthetics. Many other countries went with the sturdy polycarbonate bio page with laser-engraved picture, signature and other bio data; however, the US passport book looks like it was printed on a low-quality paper with a low-quality inkjet colour printer.

Now, back to your question: wait until Monday and then start panicking ;)

Today, my mail delivery time is 1:00 pm -2:00 pm, and the time is 12:30 pm right now.

After 30 minutes, my sweet honey passport book will be on my hands :eek: or else :(

I will make another forum post in 45 mins ... Wish me luck!

Today, my mail delivery time is 1:00 pm -2:00 pm, and the time is 12:30 pm right now.

After 30 minutes, my sweet honey passport book will be on my hands :eek: or else :(

I will make another forum post in 45 mins ... Wish me luck!
I don't think people will hold breath for you. If you don't receive it today, you'll receive it tomorrow. Not tomorrow, then the day after tomorrow... No big deal. Next time save on the overnight delivery.

I don't think people will hold breath for you. If you don't receive it today, you'll receive it tomorrow. Not tomorrow, then the day after tomorrow... No big deal. Next time save on the overnight delivery.

I got the passport book. It is finally discovered that the mail was delivered on August 23, 2011 (Express Mail). What happened is my residence hall assistant (she is blonde, 6'5'', and 90-60-90) forgot to put a mail delivery slip in my mailbox.

ahahahahha :p

All the best nkm-oct23 and Ko:ning