Any suggestions - Gurus, Applicant, Lawyers, ...

GeoField

Registered Users (C)
my I-140 was approved in April. The same day CSC issued RFE for my wife's I-485. We have answered RFE in two days (they received on April 28). There were 5-7 LUD updates of her I-485 since then, but no status change. Twice I have called to National & CSC to ask
about the status of my I-485 (primary applicant). I do not know why but I tried to provoke a LUD change for my I-485, which was last updated on 10/27/04 saying that the results of my fingerprint review were received.

Despite my efforts no LUD change there. My question is if someone had a similar situation and knows what to expect.

Gurus, your help is very much appreciated.

~GeoField

I am not sure why sometimes USCIS would perform a LUD on query and sometime not.

I checked about my case 2 times without LUD on 485.

When I did it last time on April 29, there was LUD on May 2. I am hoping that was for query but may be they got my name check ( :) I know I am too optimistic here :rolleyes:

Let us come to point. It is very difficult to say when LUD would happen. Does a query would cause LUD, not sure. It may depend upon how the immigration officer checks the status.

I am assuming, they must have a way to check either by calling the e file or by running a status update query.

If they call the e file, it probably would cause LUD.

If they run status update query, I think no LUD would happen.

I am just trying to think thru the software process which USCIS might be using.

CSC sent an ordinary mail

Thanks GC_GoneCase.

I just have received a mail (ordinary mail) response saying that
".. to wait 180 days before I can ask again ...".

Well, it seems I just have to sit quite and wait. :(

Did you send a written query to USCIS or is the response against the tel calls you made?
Anyway, 180 days wait is bad. I hope, you get it done before that.

GeoField said:
Thanks GC_GoneCase.

I just have received a mail (ordinary mail) response saying that
".. to wait 180 days before I can ask again ...".

Well, it seems I just have to sit quite and wait. :(

GeoField,
I think, 180 days waiting does not make any sense. I am in the same boat with you.
I would call them every 2-3 weeks.