Any Suggestion Please!!!

moonrays_us

Registered Users (C)
I applied my Greencard with a company A and stick with that company for 5 years, till then GC was not approved----got laid off on March 2004,joined company B on April 2004. After joining company B i sent the AC21 and emploment verification letter of company B.After sending that GC approved in June 2004.My question is--

1- Since my GC was not started with Company B still I have obligation with it after getting GC???

2- is It favorable to change job immedeately as I have good offer ?????

3- honestly speaking i joined company B as a safety but now I want to get better opportunity ,so what should I do ???

Thanks in advance.

moonrays_us said:
I applied my Greencard with a company A and stick with that company for 5 years, till then GC was not approved----got laid off on March 2004,joined company B on April 2004. After joining company B i sent the AC21 and emploment verification letter of company B.After sending that GC approved in June 2004.My question is--

1- Since my GC was not started with Company B still I have obligation with it after getting GC???

2- is It favorable to change job immedeately as I have good offer ?????

3- honestly speaking i joined company B as a safety but now I want to get better opportunity ,so what should I do ???

Thanks in advance.

The rule is that when you got GC working for company B you "intend" to work with them "permanently". The "intent" is very subjective, and "parmanently" does not mean "forever" (like a slave). But the burden of proof is on your shoulder. In I-485 stage if you did not intend to work for company B parmanently, that falls into immigration fraud. If you leave job immediately after getting GC, that can raise doubt about your very "intend". Many attorneys recommands to work atleast 6 months after getting GC.

Thank you all for reply. Is it a good reason to leave the company if I am getting $30000 more from another company???? More my income and more tax I will pay to America,so what is there problem ????
Thx,