9/28/2007 Mailed I-130, I-765, I-864, I-485 to Chicago Lockbox
9/30/2007 Delivered
10/15/2007 Receipt Date
10/17/2007 Checks cashed
10/20/2007 Notice of Action Received
waiting.......

Got Luds on EAD and AP

Hello,
I got LUDs on EAD and AP on 10/29. Update for EAD says Card product ordered:D and for AP: Approval notice Sent ::cool:

OOO la la laa.......;)

Congratulations tvklovesu. A very good news.

Another update on my side. I called USCIS today morning that I haven't got any update on FP for either I-765 or I-485 (don't know if they are different or one) and that the status of I-485 and I-130 have not appeared online.

The IO in the backend said that your I-765 has been approved on Oct 26, even though the website says its still pending. I asked that don't you need FP for EAD card and on website it says pending? He said it depends on case to case and that I schedule an INFOPASS and inquire about the FP notice required for EAD. Also, the website may take upto 10 business days to get updated.

So, I don't know if I shud be happy or did he tell about I-131 (AP) status which was approved on Oct 26.

Also, is the thing that family based EAD does not come before FP wrong? For those interested, my wife had an EAD from F1 OPT which expired in January this year -- that one also did not have FP.

tvklovesu & moropheus You 2 stay on the top of the game for the sept. applicants. So quick to get the EAD Congrats!! Moropheus, I remember that I didn't have FP when I applied for F1 EAD. I guess FP applies when we apply for I-485 together with EAD.

tvklovesu & moropheus You 2 stay on the top of the game for the sept. applicants. So quick to get the EAD Congrats!! Moropheus, I remember that I didn't have FP when I applied for F1 EAD. I guess FP applies when we apply for I-485 together with EAD.

Thanks greecattle. However, I will go for INFOPASS tomm. to double confirm. Even though the office said about I-765, I want to get another confirmation.

EAD does not require FP as is evident from this thread (posted by trinigirl and constructus sometime back):

http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=5004019812&m=2361099741

Still not received notice after 1 month

I mailed I-130/I-485 etc for my parents with return receipt on Sep 29. UCSIC in chicage received it on Oct 1. However, my mom received the I-797 on Oct 11. But my father has not recieved anything yet. The check is not cashed yet. It has been one month. Normally it would take at most 3 weeks why this takes so long?

How can I find more information?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I have some questions. I will appreciate your input.
Do you get email if any update? or should I check for update even if I don't get any email?....

Interesting: If I check online case status, Same old message... but lawyer got RFE and they already sent the add info they asked for.. still no new LUD.. even it doesn't say anything about the RFE they asked for.....
So I thought to call and speak to them... they are very rude... not nice at all and interestingly the lady I spoke told me same old message.. nothing about RFE... even though I know they ask for one and we sent more than a week.... I did not ask anymore questions, simply buy and hang up... NOT helpful at all.... :confused:

Very frustrated.. :mad:

Some poeple already start getting something..

Advise me please... thanks

Hi all,
Do you get email if any update? or should I check for update even if I don't get any email?....

Interesting: If I check online case status, Same old message... but lawyer got RFE and they already sent the add info they asked for.. still no new LUD.. even it doesn't say anything about the RFE they asked for.....
So I thought to call and speak to them... they are very rude... not nice at all and interestingly the lady I spoke told me same old message.. nothing about RFE... even though I know they ask for one and we sent more than a week.... I did not ask anymore questions, simply buy and hang up... NOT helpful at all.... :confused:

Very frustrated.. :mad:

Some poeple already start getting something..

Those level 1 customer know only the same as what's on the website. So they are a waste of time. Don't worry you'll get something, most of the people on my thread got their ead's before me and was feeling left out, so be a little patient. Your turn will be soon around the corner.

FBI Name check cleared

So, we went for our INFOPASS this morning and the IO (very nice person) there said that its strange your I-765 is approved without FP as yours is Family based petition. He checked online and found that application was indeed approved but card was not ordered (he said that maybe due to missing FP). So, he will send a mail asking for explanation and if needed will issue FP letter tomm.

Then we asked about name check and he said that it went to FBI name check on Sep 28 and came back on Oct 6. That is the fastest name check clearing he has ever seen. :D :) :D

So, we asked when can we expect an Interview Letter. So, he said you may or may not get an IL. He has seen quite a few cases in which they approved GC without interview as their application was clean (no overstays, proper status maintaining while in US and maybe that we have a son -- which strengthens our case against any frauds). :cool:

Right now we will just wait for the call and if needed go for FP else wait for card production.

So, the notion that you don't get EAD without FP is correct !!!

I will update the spreadsheet with the Security clearance info ...

Those level 1 customer know only the same as what's on the website. So they are a waste of time. Don't worry you'll get something, most of the people on my thread got their ead's before me and was feeling left out, so be a little patient. Your turn will be soon around the corner.

Thanks trinigirl, for your suggestion, yes I will hold on.... pray for me.. however, congrats on your OVERDEW EAD .... thanks God for everything..

Omorpheus,
On my FP notice it says I-485 and I-765 so I guess when anyone of us gets the FP appointment, its for both I-485 and I-765. Once that's done, I think your EAD will be ordered...

You had the fastest security clearance... that's impressive... that proves you are not jinxed :p

So, we went for our INFOPASS this morning and the IO (very nice person) there said that its strange your I-765 is approved without FP as yours is Family based petition. He checked online and found that application was indeed approved but card was not ordered (he said that maybe due to missing FP). So, he will send a mail asking for explanation and if needed will issue FP letter tomm.

Then we asked about name check and he said that it went to FBI name check on Sep 28 and came back on Oct 6. That is the fastest name check clearing he has ever seen. :D :) :D

So, we asked when can we expect an Interview Letter. So, he said you may or may not get an IL. He has seen quite a few cases in which they approved GC without interview as their application was clean (no overstays, proper status maintaining while in US and maybe that we have a son -- which strengthens our case against any frauds). :cool:

Right now we will just wait for the call and if needed go for FP else wait for card production.

So, the notion that you don't get EAD without FP is correct !!!

I will update the spreadsheet with the Security clearance info ...

:D YEAH congrats! That means you are not JINXED!

That'd be really cool if they'd approve the GC without an interview!

EAD card production was ordered yesterday! Now my husband doesn't have to worry about his OPT and I-20 expiring on 12.15.07.

I was finally able to see our case status online after the FP's were done! :)

Omorpheus - will you update the spreadsheet with my timeline?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Hi WhenDoesItEnd -
I haven't gotten any emails of updates so I just check the USCIS website every day.

Hope your case starts to move faster!