Any September filers?

Maybe with my problem, I am the only one here who has had the interview, has sent in documents requested and still there is no asnwer.

I had my interview on 10th, documents were received by the DO on but neither their has been an update online nor I have received anything in the mail.

My school starts from tomorrow and I am still an F-1 student. Last time I talked with the legal counsel at school, she said that she needs approval letter for GC for her to change my status to Out-of-state student and obviously then there won't be the requirement of taking 12 units. What am I suppose to do? Should I get an infopass?

Maybe with my problem, I am the only one here who has had the interview, has sent in documents requested and still there is no asnwer.

I had my interview on 10th, documents were received by the DO on but neither their has been an update online nor I have received anything in the mail.

My school starts from tomorrow and I am still an F-1 student. Last time I talked with the legal counsel at school, she said that she needs approval letter for GC for her to change my status to Out-of-state student and obviously then there won't be the requirement of taking 12 units. What am I suppose to do? Should I get an infopass?

You have an EAD card, so that is your proof of legal status in US. If you read your EAD approval notice, it mentions it to be your legal status for staying in US. Unless you are keen on your education, no need to register. Better talk to international adviser from your school and send them a copy of EAD card.

You don't need to maintain F1 status. Better call USCIS and ask what is the status of the application and whether the decision has been made on your application or not. If they don't tell anything, then schedule an INFOPASS.

Good luck ....

Yeah I pray so too....but if you cannot get the original at least let them give you a CLEAR photocopy of your lease agreement. Our copy of the lease was not CLEAR enough for the IO...so he requested to see the original..... what a pain.....:mad:..........Oh well....I pray I get a quick turn around on this....

Thanks for your great advice. GOOD LUCK of getting the papers!!

Yeah...Xeddy....I dropped my classes right after my interview and all I had to do was give the dean a copy of my EAD. I sought legal advice and he said to do exactly what I did. Like Omorpheus said unless you really want to pursue your education this semester then, you can take the 12 credits but with you EAD you should be alright.

BTW.... did you receive something in the mail requesting for more evidence because I too have to mail in my lease agreement and I havenot received anything in the mail informing me who to mail the stuff to......
I thought I had to wait for some directions. PLEASE ADVICE....THANKS

My status was updated today:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

So i guess I will be getting something next week in the mail which will make the university change my status to that of out-of-state student and I will be able to enroll in 6 units because that's what I originally planned. I am 18 units shy from graduating so I am little eager :)

Golden03:

After the interview, the IO handed me a list of documents he wanted. That's why even before I left the interview, I knew exactly where to send the documents. By what you said, it sounds like the IO never gave you any list, is that right?

So i guess I will be getting something next week in the mail which will make the university change my status to that of out-of-state student and I will be able to enroll in 6 units because that's what I originally planned. I am 18 units shy from graduating so I am little eager :)

Golden03:

After the interview, the IO handed me a list of documents he wanted. That's why even before I left the interview, I knew exactly where to send the documents. By what you said, it sounds like the IO never gave you any list, is that right?

Congrats buddy ... Its a great news ... Now you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Golden03:

No he didnt......oh my God...ok am freaking out.....did u send it to your Do....cos he mention of sending a letter requesting a copy of the lease.....I figured its been a week and I shd have received it by now......

Please advice:eek:

No he didnt......oh my God...ok am freaking out.....did u send it to your Do....cos he mention of sending a letter requesting a copy of the lease.....I figured its been a week and I shd have received it by now......

Please advice:eek:

I get that you have to send in your lease.... do you have an address? You don't need a list, just send it to the DO.

When your interview ended, what exactly did the IO say? I am sure he can't be as vague as "send the lease" and not mention where to send it or give u further information.

Thanks Omorpheus :)

I get that you have to send in your lease.... do you have an address? You don't need a list, just send it to the DO.

When your interview ended, what exactly did the IO say? I am sure he can't be as vague as "send the lease" and not mention where to send it or give u further information.

Thanks Omorpheus :)

He did mention of mailing us a letter requesting the lease and thats what I have been waiting for. I am going wait and see if I receive something this week if not I will mail it to my DO. Thanks for the info.

Interesting!!!

I saw the I-485 file LUD showing date 01/28/2008 but the message did not change... does it mean something good? :confused:

I got the interview letter and notice dated march 11th.

I have few of questions:
I am traveling to india on march 19th and returning on April 28th. How many days it will take to receive my Green Card after the interview. Should I mention to the officer that I am leaving to india on march 19th? I have the travel documents with me. Can I use those documents if I did not receive my GC before march 19th? I have only 8 days after the interview. If I receive my GC when I am in india can I ask my friend to mail to me? Can please let me know what should i do.

I got the interview letter and notice dated march 11th.

I have few of questions:
I am traveling to india on march 19th and returning on April 28th. How many days it will take to receive my Green Card after the interview. Should I mention to the officer that I am leaving to india on march 19th? I have the travel documents with me. Can I use those documents if I did not receive my GC before march 19th? I have only 8 days after the interview. If I receive my GC when I am in india can I ask my friend to mail to me? Can please let me know what should i do.

Congrats and all the best for your interview.

Typically you get physical GC in about 10-21 days time depending on your DO. Once your GC is approved, you cannot travel on AP. So, better take the itinerary with you and if your GC gets approved, you can show it to the IO and try to get your passport stamped as 8 days is kind of tough but possible. That way you don't need a physical GC for your re-entry to US. Don't ask your friend to mail it to you. It's safer if it travels with you outside US.

Remember to put a mail stop on your mail or ask a friend to keep collecting your mail, else your GC may get sent back.

Good luck ...

Vacation about to start

Guys, I am about to start my pending vacation for which I have been waiting for almost 3 years now :D ... In holiday mood now ... So, won't be able to check this forum regularly.

Good luck to all those going for interviews, waiting for their name check to get cleared and those with pending approvals. Have faith in GOD and you will certainly have your GC in a short time ...

Remember to vote for a candidate who supports legal immigration in the presidential primaries.

Golden03:

Xeddy-

By my calculation it took about 2weeks for them to update your I-485 after you mailed in the requested documents right?........correct me if I am wrong.... I am just trying to project the time I should be expecting an update.....its driving me insane.......:(

Memorandum to Speed Up Green Card Issuing

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
US immigration authorities have found a way to enable a quicker granting of the residence visas or green cards to the thousands of applicants who had to wait for years before F.B.I. managed to complete their background checks.

But thanks to a memorandum posted Monday on the web site of the federal Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, the procedure can be simplified.

According to the memorandum, if an immigrant has applied for a residence visa for more than six months, and F.B.I. has not performed a name check yet, the immigration officers are permitted to approve the application.

If the F.B.I. name check subsequently turns up negative information about the immigrant after having been granted the visa, the authorities can cancel the visa and deport the immigrant.

The immigrants, who apply for the permanent visas, or green cards, are requested to submit themselves to two other security checks: an F. B. I. criminal fingerprint check and a search in the federal database known as Interagency Border Inspection Services.

CHECK FOR DETAILS:

http://www.enews20.com/news_Memorandum_to_Speed_Up_Green_Card_Issuing_05771.html

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
US immigration authorities have found a way to enable a quicker granting of the residence visas or green cards to the thousands of applicants who had to wait for years before F.B.I. managed to complete their background checks.

But thanks to a memorandum posted Monday on the web site of the federal Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, the procedure can be simplified.

According to the memorandum, if an immigrant has applied for a residence visa for more than six months, and F.B.I. has not performed a name check yet, the immigration officers are permitted to approve the application.

If the F.B.I. name check subsequently turns up negative information about the immigrant after having been granted the visa, the authorities can cancel the visa and deport the immigrant.

The immigrants, who apply for the permanent visas, or green cards, are requested to submit themselves to two other security checks: an F. B. I. criminal fingerprint check and a search in the federal database known as Interagency Border Inspection Services.

CHECK FOR DETAILS:

http://www.enews20.com/news_Memorandum_to_Speed_Up_Green_Card_Issuing_05771.html

Yeah..... they are finally thinking outside the box......thats good for those of already bored of the waiting game!:(

Hello people,

I got good news. I got my interview letter today in the mail. As you can tell from my signature, the date is in Feb. of next year. Anyone have an interview date that far in advance? I suppose I should be greatfull, sooo I really cant worry about that. I guess my DO ( I live in a suburb of Houston, located in the Great State of Texas, where B-B-Q and Big Trucks Rule, not to mention this is Bush Country), must be busy.

Also another weird thing is last update date on uscis website never changed. I find that interesting. I was logging in there everyday to see if the date change since that would mean my letter was on the way. But noo, that never changed and voila , got letter in the mail. Perhaps their system is really screwy.

Anyway, I am great to the All Mighty God that this is almost over. I am almost home.

Hey there ghman...

our interview is for 2/25/08 - we got our notice back in december. glad to know we weren't the only ones with interviews scheduled so far in advance! must be a houston thing. :p

We finally received the 2 year conditional GC in hand yesterday. The letter was printed on Jan 15 and mailed on Jan 17. It reached pretty quickly :D

So, for time being, my journey with USCIS has ended :). Will restart it when the turn to remove conditions come.

I really thank everyone in this forum for all their support and help without which this 4 months journey would have been a nightmare.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their GC and name checks. Pray to GOD and it will surely get over soon. You all are in my prayers. Hope to see some of you 2 years later while we are in process of removing the conditions.

I will still be around in this forum till my international trip begins in 2 weeks. After that you guys can still send me a private message and will respond to it as soon as possible.

Congrats Omorpheus!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you and so many others have gotten their GC! With any luck, our interview on Mon will go well...we're starting to stress about it. I've been getting everything together so it'll be ready. Never heard about the school transcripts, but we'll get those too just in case.