Any Sept RD without RFE still waiting....

Bhupender Singh

Registered Users (C)
RD:09/07/01
ND:11/09/01
FP:02/13/02
NO RFE
AD:waiting

Just curious to know, if any RD:sept. filer still waiting without RFE. I know it won't help me, but may give some idea as i'm still waiting with no RFE. I contacted my Senator six weeks back and called several times, but answer as usual. Your case is assigned and wait for 30-days. Last week upon calling Senator office, they told me the only informaation they recieved recently is my case is waiting for Security clearance. Now i'm desprate as i'm already into 21 month after fileing 485 and my case is not even touched. My lawyer is another freaking a$$#ole, does'nt want to send any letter to BCIS in writing, however he called 04/25 with same reply.
Do you think i need to Redo my FP, since they just pass the 15 months period.

Can someone advise, what else can be done here other than waiting. I already tried the option of contacting Senator office, which is of no use. Any advise will really be immense help for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get a new FP notice if you do have to go for one.

I am an August RD and have gotten two RFEs. But it took them 6 months to respond to the first RFE and it is already 4 months since I replied to the second RFE.

Senator's office hasnt helped me at all.

Thx Rupinder for reply. But in your case atleast it got touched wayback, however mine is not. Thats really worrying me and also FP never gets changed for any indidual. so what's the need to Redo FP, however they can ran the same security checkes based on first FP. it's confusing.

You have companion, we are in the same boat. I contacted senator 3 weeks ago, they told me case been assigned to office already, need to wait 30-60 days. I think i need to do 2nd FP, since my FP is Feb 2002.
Don't get too panic, I believe sooner or later, we will get it!
RD:9/7/01
ND:11/8/01
FD:2/02
no ref

wawa, did it really helped you contacting senator or just waste. In my case it's of no use. Any specific reason u been told why your case is taking so long?.

Not sure it's useful so far, but no harm to do that. The lady called INS at same time while I was on the phone with her, and she happily told me my case been assigned, and she told me my date is Nov instead of Sep, I just so tired to argu this issue over and over again.
I will call her is still no news next week. She is the only one I can bother now, which I really don't like to do that. But what else I can do?

i had contacted my senator a month ago and his office told me that the case was with an officer and that i might have to wait for 30-60 days. a week after that i got my 2nd fp notice. and i got it redone a couple of weeks ago.
out of frustration, today i called the VSC and it was a total waste of time. the lady was reluctant to answer any specific question.

Guys,

Although I am not a Sept filer, but I am in the exact same situation. I contacted the Senator's office and they told me that my case will take another 60 to 90 days... as usual... no use...

I think we are still stuck because our background checks are not complete yet. And I think when the file goes to Adjudications, the officer checks for security check first. If it is not done yet, they don't touch the case. So, although the officers might have seen our files, they did not do anything because of the security check.

Let's hope they do something about them.

OCT01,
what you said about security checks makes sense to me. i think this could be the prime reason for our cases on hold. just a guess.

Sept Filer, NO RFE...

Still waiting...

RD:09/18/01
ND:11/14/01
FP:01/29/02
NO RFE...

Called IIO 3 weeks back and they said you will get RFE in 30 days, but still no RFE and same old message displayed online as well as on phone...

God only knows when my case will get approved.