Any Risks in Relocating to California while 485 pending in TSC (ND 09/2000) ?

BK

Registered Users (C)
Gurus please advise. What are the risks if i relocate to California while 485 is pending in Texas Sevice Center (ND/09/2000)?
I just filed a change of address with the TSC to my new California address.
Is my file going to be transfered to CSC and if it is, at what point is this going to happen?
Is my file going to be given a new WAC # in CSC?
Would i be able to keep my (RD/ND 09/2000) ?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No Title

I am in a similar situation. i moved from Utah to OHIO but both are covered under the same NSC. I transferred with the same company though please let me know what you are told to do so I can benchmark my situation .. I have not changed my adress yet with the NSC
Please someone advise

No Title

I have seen a similar situation in case of my friend who moved from Florida to Connecticut. That means he moved from TSC to VSC area. However, he only sent an address change request to TSC thru his attorney. He had done his FP in florida before move. After moving to CT, he got his 485 approval in about 3 months time. He did not do anything extra. U must consult your attorney in your case. good luck.

No Title

Thanks for your input.
I actually talked to my company immigration attorney, and i was told that it is usually at the discretion of the service center to transfer files to the new service center. So the attorney didn\'t know what would happen yet. I was told to just wait.

My only concern is that there might be more delays judging by the rate of progress within TSC.
I already did my FP in 11/00, but i had to move recently due to my department needs within the same company.

Placharya, did your friend\'s file get transfered from TSC to VSC? Did the application get assigned a new Receipt # by the VSC?
Which center did your friend check for status?
Thanks in advance for your input.

No Title

please post your experience here, based on what happens. I\'m in the same situation as you are, filed 485 in TX 11/00, FP 01/01, will be relocating to CA in July.

My attorney said the same thing as yours, it\'s not definite that the file will get transferred. If it does it usually does mean delays though, and the very real possibility that the INS loses your file in the process.

Good luck and let us know what happens in your case....

No Title

We filed I-485 with CSC but I have been staying in Raleigh for couple of years. I gave Raleigh address on the I-485 form. Luckly my case approved without getting transferred to TSC. Even my attorney was in doubt that my case might get transferred to TSC.

No Title

Hi Bk,
I don\'t know which EB category you applied. If you are in EB3, you don\'t have too much choice. If you are in EB1 or 2, probably you should try everything you can to keep the old address. Since everything goes through lawyer, you won\'t lose documents. If INS transfer your file to CA, then it is always possible to get you process delayed, file lost even an interview to ask the change in your job. It is controversial for not telling INS the address change, but there were such cases in the past. Hope this will help. Good luck