Any RFE (I-140) approvals lately?

No Title

Looks like most I-485 (with RFE) approvals are NOT for amended I-140 RFEs. :((

No Title

My RFE was for photos only and AVM not updated yet. My lawyer sent on first week of May and until now nothing....
INS needs to be more organized and process things in order...

No Title

I am in the same boat.
RFE received for W2s and pay stubs by INS on 10th May according to UPS.

No change in AVM so far. Does not look so bad since we seem to be togther.

No Title

Any one got the receipt from SC for amended I-140 with new case #? Why they issue a new one but not use the one we already have for I-485?

I got my RE in 3/01, replied in 3/01, my lawyer got the receipt last week, AM not updated yet.

No Title

At least you have an RD for your I-140(RFE) already. I filed around first week of May and no RD yet.

Btw, when did u send out your I-140(RFE) application?

No Title

RFE Date was 1/18/01, I sent my new 1-40(RFE) on 2/20/01. It took about three weeks to AVM to get updated.

No Title

In your (Lax Man)\'s RFE notice, did u get this message?

"485 RFE related to merger

A review of your application reveals that one of the following conditions may exist regarding the petitioner:

1. The petitioning employer is no longer the intended employer.

2. There is a change of employer

3. There has been a spin-off, merger, or change (successorship) of ownership.

Recently, “The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21)” was signed into law. This Act allows for a change of employer or successorship of interest on any I-485 Adjustment of Status Application that has been pending for 180 days or more, without the need to file a new I-140 petition. Although the new statute effective upon enactment, the California Service Center has not yet received regulations or guidance from INS Headquarters on how to process these cases. Therefore, we have been advised to hold these cases in abeyance pending issuance of such guidance and regulation. It is expected that an interim rule will be published sometime in January 2001 and will be effective 60 days after publication.

If you would like the Service Center to process your case using pre-AC21 guidelines and bypass having your case held in abeyance, we are willing to do so. In this instance, a new/amended I-140 petition for the application must be filed with the appropriate fee. Submit the new I-140 attaching the enclosed blue I-797 coversheet. Please respond with your choice of action so that we may continue processing your application accordingly."

No Title

Does it mean RFE(I-140) is faster than second/Amended I-140, because of the following setence:

Submit the new I-140 attaching the enclosed blue I-797 coversheet.

My I-485 ND 03/10/01. I filed an Amended I-140 05/30/01 through regular channel. I have not got any RFE for my I-485.

Is it true that RFE(I-140) sent through blue sheet is faster than regular channel?

Appreciate your answers!

No Title

Hi, Neo, How did INS find out you have a merger/acquisition ?
I want to know if I will get a RFE for my company\'s merger with
a bigger company.

Thanks,

No Title

That\'s whay my employer\'s HR dept told me.

An amended I-140 filed as a response to an RFE is processed in a shorter time than an amended I-140 filed alone.

I don\'t see any evidence of this case yet.