Any RECENT success cases with Discharged/Dismissed?

ladyvwj

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I found this forum after I submitted my husbands n400. It's been quite informative.

First off...Thanks for sharing everyone's case scenarios!

I am a bit nervous since my husband has two dismissed/discharged arrests cases. The 1st was in 1992 for a Felony charge - Robbery (Juvenile court) and the 2nd was in 1999 for Misdemeanor - Possesion of a weapon. Like I said, both cases were dropped. Both cases involved "wrong time/wrong place".

My husband is so scared that he will be denied citizenship based on these two marks. I've included certified originals for the 1992 case showing that the court records have been destroyed due to exceeding retention time and also the certified original copies to the court file indicating dism/disch for the 1999 case.

I did not think about hiring a criminal immigration lawyer until after I already mailed in his application.

What I am interested in is: Have there been any recent success stories of similar cases???

Hi, I have a similar situation and have sucessfully received my citizenship today. I was arrested in 2007 and charged with a long list of charges including posession of a deadly weapon, attempted assault on an officer in the first, second and third degrees, as well as reckless driving, and menacing. Basically they threw the books at me. The situation was that I moved my car while I was receiving a ticket, but my husband was standing with the officers in front of the car and he told me it was okay to move, and the cops heard him, but the traffic agent decided to call the cops for whatever reason and I was charged, with all these crimes. After going back and forth to court for over a year, my lawyer advised me to plead guilty to disorderly conduct. He told me I could go to court and fight the charges, and I could probably beat all with the exception of reckless driving as I did move the car with people standing in front of the vehicle. If I was found guilty on that charge then I would have a criminal record and may have to do time, so i took the deal.

In my application for citizenship I sent a letter explaining exactly what happened, how I felt I was wrongfully arrested, and charged excessively and the advice of my lawyer to plead guilty to a misdemeanor. I also stated that I was not an individual of low moral character and that I am an upstanding resident of this nation that would never do anything to jeapordize my freedom or chances of becoming a US citizen. I also mentioned that I respected the Constitution and those placed in authority over me and that the situation was a big mistake and abuse of power.

Basically I know there is a three year limitation on the moral character test as far as prior arrests are concerned, you can look that up on line, and also, I think if you express genuine regret for what happened, you stand a good chance of still being approved your application. Lots of prayer helps too.

got arrested more than 7 times and still got the citizenship.is long there is no conviction(dismissed/discharged) your husband will be ok.make sure to bring certified court disposition with him.